All kia with time and date display problem

60

Asked by Aug 19, 2019 at 09:22 AM about the 2016 Kia Optima SX Turbo

All kia with time and date display problem I have
the answer

60

I have the answer if your settings in the time and date is grey and not high lighted.and no time and date is showing.I was informed from Kia that you have to hard reset your radio the only thing that you will lose is your presets on your unit.To hard reset remove the cover from the sd card do not remove the sd card for no reason what so ever.Above the sd card there’s a pin hole just tap it once with a paper clip.And problem solved within a whole min your problem with time and date will disappear

60

I I have the answer if your settings in the time and date is grey and not high lighted.and no time and date is showing.I was informed from Kia that you have to hard reset your radio the only thing that you will lose is your presets on your unit.To hard reset remove the cover from the sd card do not remove the sd card for no reason what so ever.Above the sd card there’s a pin hole just tap it once with a paper clip.And problem solved within a whole min your problem with time and date will disappear

115

SOLVED!: With the vehicle running, set the radio to a regular FM Station, make sure it’s not on XM, remove the SD CARD, wait 30 seconds, reinstall SD card and DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING! Let it boot up normally until you see the “Drive Safely” confirmation screen. Hit “confirm” and your clock should be back. Then immediately go into clock settings and turn off the “GPS Time” setting, because the satellite it’s currently reading from has a time of 12/31/1969. The only reason you would need to synchronize with GPS Time is if you’re driving across different time zones.

40

There is an issue with the military satellite used for gathering gps time and date. This problem is affecting multiple car brands that use it. Not ALL vehicles are affected and there is nothing you need to do, once problem is resolved with satellite the data will download and resume normal functions...

I have a 2015 Optima sx turbo and had the same problem, I tried the reset, I also tried the sd card with no luck so I unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and it worked so I took gps time off hoping this won't happen again

10

removing/replacing the SD card did it for me, no need to reset. 2018 Soul EV.

10

Thank you guys! I tried it yesterday and it didn't work but I tried it again this morning and it worked! You just have to be patient so that it gives you the option of turning off the GPS. If you wait for under a minute, you will be able to turn it off. The clock is now back on!

10

nothing worked and my gps setting was off before this occurred..any more suggestions?