Display on radio not working

Asked by Apr 28, 2013 at 09:23 AM about the 2001 Ford Focus SE Wagon

I have a 2001 ford focus, the radio works but it has no display. I know the display on the radio does work because I removed it and put it into my other focus.The radio and display worked. I have changed the fuses and even tried the reset. The display will not come up on the radio in this car. Anyone have any ideas what I can check?

...yes, your battery is old...ground to the chassis is not strong, clean and wirebrush away all corrosion, positive and negative terminals, use a garden hose so you aren't snirkin' in acid fumes and getting them into your eyeballs- think that this is suffering from not solid 12V power...new battery please.....degrade 10%/year if actually the 2001 battery was dead five years ago~

Check the electrical connectors that the radio plugs into. It sounds like a circuit is not being energized. When you say "no display" does it mean that there are no numbers or that there is no backlighting to show the numbers.

I have pulled the radio and installed it in my other ford focus and the radio display works just fine, back lighting numbers,clock and everything. so the problem is not with the radio ,I know the radio works. Now when I put the radio back in the 2001 focus I have sound but there is no back light no clock or display of any kind. I have cleaned the battery posts and the display still doesn't work.

the date of your battery will be impressed on "remove the year and month" adhesive dots---need a young, fresh battery an old one with clean terminals is no substitiute~...also it cannot be brought to full charge..anymore~

think it was $115.00 for my interstate battery, the are guaranteed and will "pro-rate" and give you money back for a replacement interstate~ NO walmart battery...okay?

NAPA's good.

they don't use lead anymore...antimony/tin alloy now-

The battery was replaced in 2008. It's only 5 years old, do you still think the battery is the problem?

I went to Napa and bought a new battery for my 2001 ford focus. The radio display still isn't working. Any other suggestions?

take a gander at your fuse panel to see if the "radio" fuse is good, could start lookin' at your relays if the fuse is good-

trying to find that relay responsible for your dash lights- ...still on the job, the battery may have lasted a little while longer yet, but now you'll get another solid 5 years out of the thing~

Edgar Stern

I hit the screen two or three times with my hand and the display went back on.