If my power brakes go,now im just driving manually,do i need to fix them back to power brakes?

Asked by May 28, 2014 at 05:39 PM about the 2001 Ford Focus ZTS

9,585

Contact your local ford dealer to have repaired.

90,615

How do you know the power side of your brakes have failed, it could be a master cylinder and your into the backup fluid supply.

9,585

For safety purpose,advice given on this site is not,sufficient,for your safety,contact a ford dealer and have repaired as soon as possible,do not continue to drive,have it towed.

16,155

You obviously have no knowledge about brakes. before you hurt someone take it to an honest shop,get a written quote and do it now.

16,155

hey there tennisshoes - we may all not always agree on a particular solution to a question but TopShadeTree and I have agreed to be very careful about giving advice on safety related d.i.y. to people( that from their question) that are quite obviously beyond their level of skill. Do we really want to try and have this person messing around with their brakes.

90,615

Then let's restrict this site to only certified people and become just another automotive site. I know that common sense is dead but I still have hope that people know their limits. Nuff said.

16,155

No - that's not what I am suggesting at all. I'm just saying that if it is apparent that someone is basically only able to put gas in their car then they shouldn't do their brake pads as their first intro to d.i.y.

90,615

SOHK is the best way to learn. Books only go so far.

16,155

Reading this person's question tell me that the BEST ADVICE FOR THEM is to say - Yes you do indeed need to fix them but it has to be done 100% or you could kill someone. Ask around for an honest shop and get it done. If you want to learn some d.i.y. contact a local high school and ask if they offer adult classes in car repair. Brakes is not a good place to start.

9,585

Chassy, is right,read there questions and answer if it doe,s not concern something that could end up hurting them or anyone else.We are here to help people not hurt them.

90,615

Frosh

16,155

right on- we wouldn't want to tell our next door neighbour how to change his brake pads ( a relatively straight forward job) and find out he got killed because he changed the pads but didn't know enough to inspect the calipers or the rotor or he didn't tighten the wheel nuts properly.

16,155

okay - you got me - what does Frosh mean?

90,615

Thanks you just gave me the answer to this whole problem.

90,615

By not knowing what SOHK or Frosh is tells me your experance. outside of a dealership.

16,155

Might only tell you my age; I didn't know what Lol or :) meant till the last few days. My generation used our own. slang words . Maybe we had some of our own signs like for peace and f___ off;; but, SOHK and Frosh mean nothing to me.Hunky Dory with you.

90,615

OK old timers out there anyone else out there know what SOHK AND Frosh stand for? go back to the 60's

16,155

will you tell me.

9,585

sohk..self on hand knowledge

9,585

frosh.,,fresh rookie on self help ,maybe?

16,155

NOW I'm really screwed because single on hand knowledge doesn't mean anything either. I guess frosh is dirty because you don't want to say.Go ahead and let 'er fly- I can swear in several languages and usually do.

16,155

NOW I have the words to go with the letters and I still don't have clue what the phrases mean. Neato Man :) & Lol

16,155

r.s.v.p.

90,615

OK here you go: SOHK School Of Hard Knocks, but there is another when it comes to automotive electronics, ASOHK, can you guess that one? Frosh early collage in the 60"s. !st year was a Freshman so they were called Frosh, early learners to the SOHK.

9,585

frosh means freshmen

90,615

Yep

16,155

And here I was getting ready for some new swear words that I didn't know- I'm kind of disappointed. Night guys. Automotive School of Hard Knocks?

90,615

Advanced School Of Hard Knocks.

10

I just read this entire convo and i am not ashamed. Chassy wins in my opinion.

16,155

To:Dtjames - thanks.......To:SARAH -PLEASE GET YOUR BRAKES REPAIRED .......To:TopShadeTree:catch you later...........To:Tennisshoes-put me under EASOHD (extremely advanced school of HARD knocks )........and to everyone else: this discussion wasn't about winning anything. It was just me trying to pass on something re:advice I was giving on this site and the the realization that some advice on safety issues was analogous to putting a loaded gun in an inexperienced person's hands and hoping that they didn't hurt themselves or someone else. (nothing could be worse than me knowing that I had a hand in a car crash because someone went out and did a d.i.y. without the experience required) t.t.f.n.