so where should i set my timing so it doesnt make my exaust manifolds glow red?lds glow red?

Asked by Mar 23, 2013 at 03:08 PM about the 1994 GMC Suburban K1500 4WD

32,355

Is the header glowing or the catalytic converter? The distributor has a plug on the firewall that when its disconnected it will disable the electronic timing control in the distributor. It's a brown plug that is specifically designed to be unpluged so you can set the timing to 0 with a timing light then plug it back in and the computer will do the rest.

61,075

Set the timing as John said. But it sounds like you have other issues going on. Such as overheating or a restricted exhaust system. Possibly a clogged catalytic converter. Any drivability problems? Lack of power, etc.? -Jim