1994 Sonoma SLS 4.3
Ok guys and gals, please have pity... lol I am 53 yr old female... The vehicle is a 1994 GMC Sonoma SLS 4.3 Auto transmission.
1. The truck was running great until the heater core went bad.
2. I took the dash out etc... replaced the heater core.
3. Truck wouldn't start... checked fuses and all that sort of stuff all good.
4. Then checked cluster plug and it was kinda damaged. I fixed the wires on that. Truck then started great and ran great but wouldn't change gears on highway, speedo wasn't working.
5. So then ordered new cluster panel, as I thought I messed it up, but speedo still doesn't work....still wont change gears, NOW power windows don't work.
Everything worked great on the truck before all the crap was taken out to replace the heater core.
What could be the problem???? I am so sick to my stomach fooling around with this thing. The truck has no rust and is in excellent condition inside and out. Motor sounds great.... Yes have thought about the sensor located on/in transmission, but how could it be bad it everything worked before?
I need help.... please... lol
Sounds like you may have missed a ground connection when you put the dash back in.
Bless your little heart... You are the only one who has responded as of yet. Guess I should have put a younger age at the top for myself. ha ha I will try that asap and will let you know.
I told you this from experience, I replaced in a burned up harness in the dash of an S10 one time and I missed a ground wire, all kind of weird things were happening until I found that ground, then everything was back to normal.
Looking for a Used Sonoma in your area?
CarGurus has 468 nationwide Sonoma listings starting at $2,100.
Search GMC Sonoma Questions
GMC Sonoma Experts
Related Models For Sale