What do I need to do to install a aftermarket fuel gage in my 1979 mark v the original instrument panel was destroyed along with the fuel gauge only thing work speedometer what can I do

Asked by Mar 25, 2015 at 07:10 PM about the 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V Cartier

655

Probably more than it would cost to repair the one you have because you have to buy everything that works together where now all you need is to find the single problem you have now. Most gas gauges what go's bad is the tank unit or just the ground on the tank unit needs cleaning. The fist step is try some Cheveron Techron in your tank, corvette owners know that some cheaper fuels case shellac on the tank sender causing the gauge to stop working or be all over the place

92,645

I would try a wrecking yard for a used instrument cluster, most of the have a parts warranty. If you still want to go aftermarket then try Isspro gauges, they use to sell a complete system for fuel gauge, check with your local parts store that can get Isspro, not everyone handles them.