Accessory power is active - what does that mean?

Asked by Sep 19, 2015 at 04:34 PM about the 2015 Ford Edge Titanium

My edge gave me the warning "accessory power is active" what does this
mean

23,575

It means something is plugged into one of the power outlets and it could drain the cars battery.

40

actually not, I have read over multiple sites, this is a problem with the edge. I have a 2015 Ford Edge Sport. It suddenly died on me in traffic yesterday, got it going again with warning:" Full accessory Power Active:. I had nothing ever plugged in, Today on way to doctors appt. it suddenly stopped in live traffic, now blocking traffic, got it going again, and it did it again and would not restart. It is still under full warranty and had to be towed in 944 miles on it. Once this is paid off leaving FORD, had multiple bad experiences with Ford Escape 2013, in shop from time a bought over 7 times, with 6 recalls. was not reliable, went in and purchased the 2015 Edge Sport, 944 miles, towed in also. Recommending look on other sites for all the issues with escapes and edges. Save yourself time, heartache and possible death, don't buy FORD

20

My 2015 Edge Titanium is doing the exact same thing!

40

My 2015 Ford Edge did it about 2 months after I bought it. Took awhile for them to figure out whats wrong and had to contact Ford and was told it had to be reprogrammed. It had been working fine but now 9 months later its doing it again. I'm super annoyed!! Were you able to get your issue resolved?

30

I bought a new 2014 Edge for my daughter to take to college in Colorado. I wanted her to have a "NEW SAFE" car so we wouldn't have to worry about her. She told me a few times that the engine lost power on the DAMN FREEWAY. My first thought was ... she really wanted me to buy that Jeep. I recently bought my wife a new "15" Edge ... they both have the 6 cylinder engine. I purchased another one because I have been happy with all the Ford Purchases (The last 4 autos). I am getting zipp/nada help from the dealerships. I spent 12 years in the auto business many years ago and I know that even if the service advisors know something they can not and will not say a damn thing until FORD gets off their ass and fixes this problem. I am documenting with a pain in the ass trip to the damn dealership service jackasses each time. Pray that nothing happens to my girls (Each drive an Edge). My 08 F-150 is in need of replacing ... holding off 140,000 miles and have had to replace one of the cams and chain last year. Maybe time to look elsewhere for a quality/safe auto.

15

My 2016 Lincoln MKX is doing the same thing. Combined with the nine times the car has stalled doesn't speak well of Ford.

40

PBSicilian, have you had any luck of finding out what the issue is. I plan to contact Ford. Not sure if it will do any good and I'm not sure what to do about but I'm gonna try. I've owned 2 Ford Escapes and loved them and never had a problem with them. I hated the new Escape so I went with an Edge and love it but frustrated that I'm having this problem and no one can tell me why!

30

Bought my 2015 Ford Edge Sport one month ago. I have 1400 miles on it and it says the same thing. Nothing is plugged in. No power, thank goodness I was parked both times it happened. I have a call into the dealer and we'll see what happens. I am furious!!

15

Whatever you do don't mention Lemon Law if your state has one. I did and the head of the service dept. told my service advisor to not work with me any more. Great answer to a customer who purchased $55,000 car and it has quit twice. Way to go Ford!

30

I bought a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium and had very similar issue, the car would start making a weird noise from the rear driver-side and if I pulled off on an exit or lowered the RPM the car would die and have very difficult time starting, the light would also come on and say: "Accessory Power Override Active". I brought it into the dealership numerous times (even towed one time) and they weren't able to reproduce the issue. After a total of about 8 or 9 stalls I finally got it to the dealership during business hours and they looked into it immediately as it was occurring. Ended up being a purge valve that was clogged/stuck and not allowing air to flow into the gas tank, which also explain why it was only reproducible for a while as it needed to build up. Finally got it fixed and hoping if someone else has similar issue this may explain it. Also, they said they noticed the actual gas tank sucking in and severely compressed in almost to the point of cracking, so if you're having issues like this look at the tank and see if its compressing when it happens.

Hi, here is the solution: my 2015 Fors S-Max did the same and the it was caused by the thief prevention system which blocked the engine to start because it didn't perceived the signal from the verification key I had. Syncing the car's thief prevention system with the one I have on my keys solved the problem.