Anybody had problems with 2015 Ford Edge sunroof glass cracking

Asked by Oct 24, 2015 at 12:55 PM about the 2015 Ford Edge Sport

20

Yes I have the same issue please contact me, cesar.padron88@gmail.com

10

YES 2015 Ford Edge ! LESS THAN 10,000 MILES. 2/19/17 opened sun shade any moon roof/vista roof had a random crack! Car is always garaged and not driven in snow. John / Ohio

50

I have a 2016 Ford Edge, purchased last May and both sun-roofs are cracked in spider web design. My dealer tells me they will warranty the back section but the front ($1500.00) is on my dime. This vehicle lives in garage AND IT IS VERY WELL CARED FOR. It also covered by bumper to bumper warranty, why????

50

I've had the panoramic sunroof on my 2015 Edge now crack THREE times! These are strange wavy cracks, not your normal spider webs. One time it was covered, the second time, they found a rock chip near the waves (well yes, now that it cracked, I'm sure a rock would do additional damage) and wouldn't cover it. Now it has happened again and we will see if Western Slope Auto will repair it. I'm so done. It's defective glass.

50

I own a 2016 Edge and had both panoramic sun roofs crack with low mileage. Cost over 7000.00 to replace and I had a bumper to bumper coverage. I have been a Ford customer and have owñed 25 vehicles. I also have had leakage of moisture around my tail lights and my dealer negotiated a $750.00 settlement. If Ford wants to sell units they better look after customers they do have instead of denying claims.

50

Your lucky ours cracked at 12,000 km and they said it was a rock chip also and dealer paid my insurance premium. The rear glass cracked also in the pattern you described and they replaced . Cost of both from Ford $7000 Should not be happening.

30

Now have a 2nd issue with my 2015 Edge... Cracked the first time 6 months after purchase and the dealership covered it. Now it's cracked again, wavy cracks in different areas. Called the dealership and was told to file an insurance claim. Told them that I would contact an attorney. Have been a loyal Ford man since 1990. Thinking Subaru Outback now... However, advised by my attorney to file a claim with my insurance company and ask them to seek subrogation, the insurance company method of going after the motor company, recovering their costs and also your deductible.

50

Western Slope Ford is now fighting with Ford to cover ours. Because WSF didn't want to install it last time, they sent me to a third party. Because of that, Ford says they won't warranty it. I'm hoping for a positive resolution. Bottom line, don't use glass as a roof. I'd love it if they would just install a normal roof at this point.

20

I have a 2015 Edge with 35K miles and the glass cracked from the front to the back over the passenger side of the vehicle for no apparent reason while parked in an open parking lot. I've contacted Purvis Ford to file a warranty claim, but the appointment was scheduled 5 days out, Tues 3-27-18. I've never owned anything other than Chevy before purchasing this Ford, so I'm waiting to see how Ford defines customer satisfaction.

50

We should all get together and file a class action suit. The dealers aren't the problem the manufacturer is they sure didn't mind taking our money. All manufacturers have problems it's how they solve them that's important. Appreciate any feed back.

50

Well, currently, FORD has denied replacing the glass under warranty because our dealership sent us to a glass expert for installation. Western Slope Auto is trying to throw their hands up and say, sorry too bad. SO frustrated.

10

My 2017 Ford Edge Sport's vista roof front glass has been replaced 2 times in the first 6 months of ownership due to cracking. No exterior chips or damage. Ford has denied claim. Insurance has had to replace twice. Ford knows they have a problem, but refuse to admit it.

10

Please there is a CLASS ACTION happening for these sunroofs. Mine will open but won’t close. Dealership said they fixed, before leaving service dept. we tested the sunroof open but still crawled slow and it automatically rolled to open. Had the service guys take the vehicle and they closed it. But are going to make an appointment to replace. But damn, will Ford just replace with another defective sunroof? To show just how many complaints there still is we have to go to NHTSA and file a complaint. Ford has an open investigation on this and the more complaints filed the more pressure for a recall.

10

Here is a link to the entire filing of CLASS ACTION http://terrellmarshall.com/wp- content/uploads/2018/01/534785.pdf File a complaint about glass and non closing sunroofs here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Mine is 2015 ford edge with cracked moon roof, and dealer told me its not covered since its over 60,000 km. Is that sucks! I probably wont have ford anymore. FORD SUCKS!

Same issue with my 2015 Edge Titanium (supposedly top-of-line). Sunroof glass cracked in wavy pattern while parked in the lot at work. No apparent reason other than poor quality glass that can't take the sun in Philadelphia, PA. Factory 36 mos warranty expired; I have the extended warranty (cost $$$ at time of purchase), we'll see if they cover it or give me grief. Thank you for this website & thread. I'll post my complaint to the NHTSA website like recommended above.

My wife drives a 2016 Edge. The front sunroof developed a crack which went across the front in a wavy line. Now the back of the front sunroof has developed a separate wavy line...not connected to the first. Dealer service says they can see the point of impact and it caused the damaged, such as a rock chip. Frustrated.

50

Western Slope Ford was finally able to get Ford to pay for the back part of the panoramic roof that they had replaced last year. It took some time because they had a glass installer install it last time and Ford said it was a third party install, so no. But, we still had to go through insurance for the front part of it since Ford refused because of a rock chip last year. If you don't already have glass insurance, you are going to need it for that lovely roof. It will continue to crack and if Ford sees anything that remotely looks like a rock chip, it's on you.

I have also had glass issues with my 2016 Edge. In fact have had my glass replaced 4 times. The glass cracks for no reason. I also believe there is a manufacturer defect. My back rear window has also shattered from closing the driver door. So frustrating. Thank you for the link.