2015 Jetta Door Lock Problem When Cold

Asked by Jan 07, 2015 at 10:37 PM about the 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Base

This 2015 Jetta was purchased new on December 12,2014. In using the vehicle on a short
drive to the store, it was found that doors would not open from inside the car.  Outside
temperature was 5-degrees F. In calling the dealer, they are familar with problem and need
to replace door mechanism parts.  If the dealer has these is stock it should be a 2-hour
repair.  We sse that door lock problems on the Jetta are not a new issue.

9,315

it is covered for free from the dealer just have it done and enjoy the freeness of it. it would be covered under the warranty. New cars can be prone to defects jsut like any other cheaply made product these days. Tho i do find vw's to be much cheaper compaired to the audis but thats because vw is the cheap brand of audi and even the audi's have problems nothing is perfect as they say and thats why you get a 2 year warranty wit hthe car whe nyou buy it for jsut said cases. Most new cars if your lucky in the break in process ussaly will have bugs up til lyou hit the 10,000km mark when everything is jsut nicely broken in.

Happened to me today in Toronto with similar temps (-23C). Can't lock it from inside or through remote. Will have to go to dealer.

9,315

all the controls in the new cars are mostly electronic controlled and the cold weather can wreak havoc on these cars mostly cause computers don't like freezing cold weather. This should not be a problem during the summer but have it looked at regardless since i figure this is most likely either a bad board or relay for the door mechanisms. or moister that froze inside your car. which is not to terribly uncommon for the vw as it would seem. I had my sun glasses holder dripping condensation one day and it all froze in there over night.

i HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY JETTA 2012 WHEN THIS HAPPEN AGAIN TURN YOU HEATER AND LET IT WARN YOUR CAR ABOUT 15 MINUTES AND YOU WILL SEE THE DOOR WILL LOCK AGAIN