Vandura won't start after recharging battery.

20

Asked by Jun 06, 2013 at 12:14 AM about the 1995 GMC Vandura G25 Extended

I have a 1995 Vandura. The battery drained. We recharged it but now when we try to put it back in an alarm goes off, won't silence and the van won't start. Any reset switches etc? We reset the fuse that is supposed to save enough juice to start the engine. (Didn't)

please do not tell me that someone attempted a jumpstart, but got the terminals switched...you're dead because someone left the lights on? did you disconnect the battery before connecting it to the charger? Not disconnecting that can play hell with delicate electronics~

by all accounts (look at the push-off date labels) on the top of the battery this one needed to be replaced five years ago (if it's the original battery)...so yes, buy another good battery, Interstate or Prestolite NAPA is okay...but buy a freshie~

20

battery was removed and taken to shop to check and recharge. Recharged fine, was in good condition. No jump start. No direct charger put on battery. No switched cables...

20

went dead because fan in RV part of van was on. Reserve power fuse / safety did not go off.

hmmm, did the RV not have it's own battery?....you know batteries will stop accepting a charge about ten percent per year so though it has taken a charge would not survive a destructive "load test" where a battery is subject to a "dead-short" for three seconds then attempt to start the car...the old batteries will not be able to...and will have trouble accepting a recharge~

10

These vanduras have an alarm system that shuts out the starter once armed. If you have no response and an alarm this is the most likely problem.