problems with window wipers

35

Asked by Nov 09, 2010 at 12:57 PM about the 1995 GMC Sonoma 2 Dr SL 4WD Standard Cab SB

i recently bought a 1995 sonoma from my sister and it has been totaled out. i replaced driver door and bed. ever since a couple winters ago the wipers eathier never work or only work on highest setting only. and the pisser dont work. i plan on lifting it this winter and realy need the wipers to work and the pisser. any advice is realy needed i am mechanicly incliined and realy want to get this thing cherry. also it lacks power barely enough to spin the tires. new plugs gas filter air filter cap wires. dont know where to look next idles great and starts every time.

thanks for the help, Gregg.

695

there were some wiper circuit boards that had bad soldering which made its way into some of these trucks. the shop should have these parts available for purchase. i remember the wipers on my truck only worked when it is dry and hot, and they would not work when i needed them - when the weather was wet or snowing. as for the sprayer, i'd begin by checking the hoses for poor connections and cracks, then the wiring for the pump, and the pump itself. as for the power issue, do you have the 4.3L Vortec motor? or the 2.2L inline 4 cylinder motor?

35

i have the 4.3l vortec. i contacted chevy its a recall they will fix wipers free.