My 2015 Honda Accord Sport wont start. No noise or lights when I insert key and try to turn it over. It does nothing. After a few attempts it starts like nothing was wron.

Asked by May 22, 2017 at 10:43 AM about the 2015 Honda Accord Sport

65

Check the connection of your battery / alternator first. Then crank sensor maybe failing or gas pump. Check fuses. Let us know

Battery and alternator have been checked and they are fine. A Honda dealer service center said unless the problem duplicates while they have the car then they won't know what it is. The problem doesn't show up as a code they can check. The issues new cars have these days are very frustrating. It's a guessing game that I don't have time and money for!!

65

Did you check all fuses? Sometimes basic repair is the solution

I’m having the same problems. I know this is old. But I’m a single mom and can’t continue to put money into this car and it not being fixed. New battery and starter. 500 dollars now it says I need new atlernator another 400 dollars. Did you get your car fixed??

Same problem with my daughters 2015 Accord Coupe. It is intermittent. Replace her battery after I jumped started the car, but it happened again. There is also a Recall on the Battery Sensor that shouldn't really have anything to do with it, but we're going to have it checked when they do it. The key less entry module may be the culprit as I saw in another blog. Ridiculous that an almost new Honda would do this. We had Honda's for years, but worry that their quality is declining.

40

Hello I'm having the same problem with my 2015 Honda Accord Sport I just replaced the alternator battery is good starter is good what else could it be that's not allowing my car to start properly we jump-started it works for a few days maybe a week and then it dies in the same thing over and over again please help I'm running out of options

My husband is having the same problem. Just took it and had recall fixed(battery sensor but rep said it's really connected to alternator). Battery tests keep coming back good. If recall doesn't help don't know what else to do!!

Same thing happened to my 2015 accord touring about a month ago. Took it to the dealer for the recall, mechanic said the starter was the culprit, car was still under extended warranty so got it replcaed for $0. Will update if the problem happens again.

10

I have a 2015 Accord Sport with 128k miles. When I try to start the car, I get a single tick. Then I try to start again and it fires right up. Any suggestions? I paid extra for a HONDA to avoid these kind of issues! Really ticks me off

Same problem, read that the ignition switch could be the culprit, changed mine out and problem returned 3 days later. Called local honda dealer and they said its fairly common, its not a recall, and that it is the starter.

20

I am having the same problem with my 2015 sport and have had the recall done. I read somewhere in another post that when this happens, reset the system by unhooking the negative on the battery. Wait a minute and put the negative back on. It resets my system and starts up right away. Too many electronics running on these new cars.

I was having similar issue on my 2015 Honda Accord with 22k miles. Took car to dealer to get Battery sensor recall work & got new starter installed. It works great again without single miss.

I have a 2015 Honda accord and yes it is the starter. I've never thought that Honda would allowed this bad starters in their cars. i know that they recalled starter for the 2013 Accord but this definitely made my mind for the next time to go and buy a Toyota even if they look not very attractive.

So far so good for us. We got a new battery and had the recall fixed. We have a 2015 sport with 75,000 miles on it.

20

I want to thank everyone for your postings. I'm abut ready to purchase a 2015 Honda Accord, 36,000 miles. Looks and drives great.....I go to take it to my mechanic for a 'final' go over before I purchase and the battery is d-e-a-d. It looks like a new battery. I do my research, read all the horror stories and now I'm running like hell from this vehicle. It's too bad as Honda was known for it's reliability. Has this problem been diagnosed? It seems to be more complicated that Honda's installing a 'small' under powered battery. Something is draining the battery....Any ideas? Bob

same problem with my 2015 honda accord with 53000 miles.nothing happens for few times when i try to start but starts like nothing has happened after playing with it for a while .my battery went out at 36500 miles right after warranty expired and now dealer says it is the starter and cost 700 dollar to replace it . no more hondas after owning two hondas and an acura . quality going down hill and they dont care.

10

2015 Accord EXL V6. Failure to turn over started occurring around November 2017. Took it to Honda and beacause they couldn’t replicate or pull up any codes, I was told I was crazy. 18 hours later I had to have my vehicle towed to Honda as the issue resurfaced (car dying in garage, parking lots, etc. while battery was showing 12.6+ Volts). I ended up replacing the factory battery as advised by Honda (59,000 Miles at the time) but despite the brand new battery I continued to have intermittent failure to turn over on the 1st and 2nd attempt. Fast forward to June 2018, 67,000 Miles. Experiencing startup failure at minimum of once a week. Fathers Day morning, car is completely dead and won’t jumpstart. Pulled out my multimeter, and the brand new battery (Duralast Gold) is showing 8.7 Volts. I’m guessing Honda is going to tell me I need a new battery and that there are no known issuess with the alternator, starter, etc....

20

Thanks for the feed-back and sorry for all the difficulties and stress put on us from Honda. They are really shooting themselves in the foot for not confronting this problem. They were always a go to vehicle for a solid reputation.

Im having the same exact issue with my Honda accord coupe 2015. When i step on the brakes and press the button to start the car, majority of the time the engine will “click” a single time and will not turn on. Im currently stranded in the middle of nowhere because my car will refuse to start. I took the car in two weeks ago in regards to this same issue and Had the recall fixed but the problem is still present. Ive also changed to battery. Still occurs. Please help

10

My 2015 accord does same exact thing they said battery replaced it same thing they said alternator I got another opinion they said starter. What is going on with these cars and why won't honda address it.