Headlight trouble

Asked by Jun 03, 2018 at 11:04 AM about the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392 RWD

I have a 2015 Challenger and my passenger
headlight went out of course I changed it but it's
still not working. Sounds like a lamp wiring
problem but just wanted to know if anyone knows
a better solution or how much it would cost to get
done? Thanks.

70

Funny, I have the same problem. Changed the bulb, yet no light, As changing the bulb was almost beyond my ability, I will have to take it in. Sorry I didn't have an answer, but having the same issue. Kinda early for s bulb to be going out it seems.

100

I just paid $400 to have it replaced went out, took it back to the dealer, they fixed it went out again. Going back for a third time. It's weird I'll hit my lock button on my key and it goes out I unlock and it comes back on. As I'm driving the car locks and then the passenger side headlight goes out again.

70

I have this same issue. My right headlight bulb went out and replacing the bulb did not fix the issue. I'm wondering if it was a HID ballast issue or a mini fuse #16 (Mini 20) issue.

70

I also have the dodge challenger 2015 sxt+

545

I have a 2015 charger r/t and the right headlight bulb went out and a new one did not fix it. Returned the bulb for money back. Put the old one back in and in 2 days it started working again??? went to carwash, light not working again. Pulled bulb back out to see it it's wet but noticed the tip of the bulb is now broken. Any one have any luck finding a bulb from anywhere other than dealer to try to save some money?

150

Guys did anyone ever get this issue resolved permanently? My driverside hid is doing this and new bulb didnt help. 2015 scatpack.

100

I did I went back 3 times they finally said it was a faulty fuse. I inadvertently got my money back paying $400 for one bulb since they misdiagnosed my car.

150

Which fuse? And also did that finally fix the issue?

100

I have no clue. After they returned my money I didnt even get a written statement back for what exactly was wrong. Dodges process to find the issue is screwed up. I only got my money back bcI asked to see their checklist and the mech filled out one of the 7 parts. He only circled replace light with troubleshooting anything else

545

After my dealership told me I need a brand new light assembly when the new bulb didn’t work I said “no way”. I went back home and started using my brain and fixed it myself for good. The OLD bulb was perfectly fine and I was able to return the new bulb I bought after making the serv man deal with parts for me or I was gonna tell everyone they tried to get 1,000 out of me for a new light assy and 125 for a bulb when all I had to do was simply swap a fuse. The ONLY thing I will ever let them do from here on out is my free State inspections and maybe wash my car. That’s it!

150

can you remember the fuse that was swapped?

170

Can you please tell us what fuse?...SEMPER FI

170

I got it looked under the hood and found fuse #15 pulled it out and it was burnt on the contacts

150

Dcoles same thing here mine wasnt burnt but when I pulled it and put it back its been working fine ever since.

545

Hey Guys, So sorry it’s taken me so long to get back but my CarGurus emails were going to my junk folder. YES FUSES 15 & 16 may be your ticket out of spending any money on nonsense! My dealership supposedly even put my car on the “super-duper” diagnostic machine and it “told” them I my HID was burned out AND I needed a new light housing. So going back to my USMC Motor T days I used some common sense and went on a fuse search and sure enough fixed my “burned out light” for 10 cents! Needless to say, I mailed my old fuse along with the 2 estimate sheets to Dodge. Waiting on a reply. If you don’t have this sticker under your fuse cover, go get one! Semper!

170

4 days later and so far all is good but I can't help but wonder why the fuse was burnt in the first place....top_USMC HAPPY VETERANS DAY

150

changed out fuse 16 guys in the front fuse box. It wasn't burnt the first time I messed with it and got the light working normally, but the light went out again and this time the fuse was gone completely. Not sure why but it's working fine now.

30

2016 Dodge Challenger . My passenger headlight went off. Not sure what’s the problem here. But I see it’s a common issue. Has anyone ever resolved the issue? I’m not trying to waste money on these shops out here when I could just simply change the light bulb or fuse

150

jarrold check the fuses its 15 and 16 on chargers see if fuse is lose or burned out I changed mine after that no issues.

120

Hey Everyone, I was Having the same Headlight issue many of you were having. $500 worth of light bills later. It was as Top_USMC ( A few comments up when he replaced the fuses ) said. Dealership didn’t help at all took my car too my American Tire depot ( cause they are much more help then my dealership ) they order the fuses for me cost $10.95 both headlights are working!! I even came home put my car in the garage and turned them on manually and they came on automatically. My fuse was Cooked!!! This was fuse 20 for the Doge Challenger 2015 SXT PLUS thank you Again so much Top_USMC !!!!!

30

Hey I had this same issue and replaced the fuse and now my whole car wont start took to mechanic and now hes tryna charge me 575 to fix the problem saying I had a bad relay

150

@corwin you must have pulled wrong fuse bro. But I'd check them all now. If the car isnt starting relays are mostly like fuses nowadays if you can find the broken replace it your self. It's not a hard fix if you can find the right relay or fuse that isn't working.

30

I am having the same issue. My car doesn’t have HIDs and no fuses for the headlights. I think the issue some of you are having is with the BCM (Body control module). That are for sale on eBay for under $100 used, but I’m not sure about the plug and play capabilities. My suggestion, get a HID relay harness and just tap into the drivers side socket, and power your lights that way. May not be the official/professional way, but it’ll fix the issue for under $50! Hope this helps guys.

10

Same issue with my 2015 Dodge Challenger replace passenger side in 2017 replacing driver side now 2019. Does anyone think this could be a Dodge issue not just our cars perhaps their affiliation with Mercedes now is part of the issue as the headlamp was the first thing they opted into during their partnership beginning.

120

So 3 weeks ago guys to told you I had my fuses replaced. I have had no issues. The only issues now is the difference in colors of my light bulbs. Lol one from amazon one from dodge. They are both on and working with no issues after I changed my fuse. Dodge 2015 Sxt plus! I even uodaddd a photo of my fuse how burnt it was.

Same issue here. 2015 Challenger SXT. Added diode dynamics hi/lo HID kit and after a year the passenger side is out. Took it to the install shop, they swapped out the drivers side for the passenger and said it was a power issue to the passenger side since they new the drivers side worked fine. I replaced my 15 and 16 20A fuses although they weren't burnt and still no go. Any other suggestions before I hit the dealer and not have a car for a week while they fumble around to figure this out?

20

I just had this Happen to me. Dealer replaced the bulbs said that was the issue. Not holding my breath but we'll see. One question, my 2015 Charger AWD doesnt have those fuses. The schematic had them marked, but the physical fuses weren't there. Any ideas?

150

I'd fine the headlight fuses in owners manual then. That's odd that they arent there try putting one there if the owners manual says its supposed to be there. We have different engines etc but the electronics are generally real close

20

Hello, I have a 2017 Charger 392 Daytona with a right side headlight out. I am so thankful I found this thread as I was told I needed the HID bulb AND ballast Went to Autozone and spent 2 bucks for 5 20A fuses, replaced the fuse and good to go. Thanks fellas...

10

Hello, i have a 2013 Charger V8 and have recently had my driver side headlight go out. I replaced the assembly and the light worked for about a month or two and is now out again. Should i check into the 15 and 16 fuse? I see some models dont have them and dont want to replace something that causes my car not to start. Any advice would help, thanks.

10

Hey I have 2015 sxt and my passenger side halo lights are out, but not the actual headlight, I changed the fuses just to see if that could be a quick fix, but they weren't blown and the lights are still out, any other ideas that might be wrong before I have to buy new lights?

10

Thanx Dodge Fam, y'all saved me from spending unnecessary money. It cost me $4 and both my lights are working again.

20

Hello, I have a 2016 Dodge Charger SXT AWD. When I purchased the car I had LED headlights installed. They lasted for about 2.5 yrs... I then had both headlights flickering... more significantly the passenger headlight which eventually went out. I had the LED headlights replaced with new LED headlights... I’ve had them for 2 weeks. My right headlight is now flickering/going out. I think it’s odd that the passenger side has gone out/flickered both sets of headlights. Should I check the fuses 15/16? Does anyone else have this problem with the 2016 Charger SXT?

20

My car didn’t come with the HID like most of your responses... it was originally the stock halogens which I had replaced with LED as soon as I got it.

10

Reset your control module, disconnect battery for 10min. They tend to take a while to work again, just make sure the faulty light is no longer connected

30

I have a 2015 R/T Plus and I recently wreaked the front but not to bad that we couldn't repair ourself. Well let's just say, I thought we could! Well anyways, got everything back together but now have problems with headlight! I have the Xenon bulbs in them. When I turn my light on the flicker then never come on. My fog, running and halo work with no problems. Checked the fuse and the relay and also the ballast. Not sure what other it could be. Like I said, all other lights work but my low/high beans.

GuruLMDHL- I HAVE THE SAME EXACT ISSUE. LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY SOLUTION!

Hey I have a 2016 and I replaced my driver light bulb a few months back and now both of them would go out at night while driving and then pop back on the next day or one will go out. The bulbs cost 125$ and the dealership only would say you need a new light bulb. But the bulbs supposed to have a 5 year life span. I read previous comments and I change out my fuse (20) and both lights are working!!! Now the real issue is why haven’t the dodge company address this issues with some many people having the same problem. This should be a recall matter for safety reasons. The voltage for the bulbs output is stronger then the fuses which causes the fuses to burn out every few months

120

Hey guys so when I had this issues starting 2018 of March, it started with my driver side. Then my passenger. Then eventually both. Ordering bulbs from amazon as well as the moped parts cause it’s cheaper then the dealership. Eventually with both going out I realized this was a bugger issues. By now it’s june and take my care to my Machanic to check all my fuses. Fuse 20 was literally burnt . Somewhere in my post above I show you guys my hand burnt fuse. Once we changed that one. Everything came back on. I know some challengers say 15/16 I even think I said it but fuse 20 was changed. And I haven’t had the issues again. Permanently fixed. And cost me nothing LOL my guy didn’t even charge me. He was just happy I figured it out. FYI my dealership didn’t know anything and kept trying to charge me bs fees

@yvelle...so it was fuse 20 not 15/16?

120

Right!! When me and my Machanic went through the book and pulled a few, once he pulled 20 and seen it was burned he changed fuse 20 on my Model ( Dodge Challenger 2015 SXT plus ) the fuse box under the hood next to the engine. Not the one in the trunk. Well I have one in the trunk.

40

I had the same issues you all where having bought a bulb changed it out no work still. The light would come on every now and then! Fast forward with a new bulb don’t work, look at this thread and said check 15/16 fuse. Headlight working with no problem at all!!!!

20

Right headlight out. Then at home is was working!!!! Bought a HID bulb, Then decided to check this issue online. Saw the 20 amp fuse issue. My fuse was blown. Replaced it and all is good again. I got an extra HID bulb, but that's OK. Nice to have a spare. Check your fuse (15 or 16 depending on which side is out) first!!!!

Right headlight out went and purchased a new bulb to replace the nonfunctioning bulb. Still no working right headlight. Check fuses 15 and 16 for burn marks found none. Reset both now headlight working. Thanks for posting this thread!!!

30

It was a burned fuse for sure. 2015 charger headlight out. Put in new fuses and noticed one was had burn marks on it. Good to go now

40

Had this propblem on my 2015 charger. Driver side light went out. Two trips to Mechanic and Pep boys both said to replace the headlight assembly. Im a girl and I fixed it with pulling the 2 fuses and reinstalling them and it came on. Theybwerent burned out either so i putbthem back in and there ya go.. Try the 15 and 16 fuses 1st!

10

But do ya'll understand that something had to cause that fuse to blow? And does anyone know what caused it?

120

Still to this day I can’t think what do did it. But I am about to get a tune up so going to see if any of my spark plugs are burned out. Cause to have a Brand New and for that to happen 2 years. I’ve asked other challenger drivers and they have all the same issues. Thinking about starting a forum for this.

10

I have one in my shop that has blown 2 fuses in 2-3 weeks time. I did read somewhere that it was the body control module, but I don't know.

THANK YOU!!!! had the same issue with the drivers side light, change the bulb thinking it was blown and lost both headlights. Tried new relays, no luck they were still out. After reading the post above about the fuses, checked both and both were fried! it was a $5 fix

10

I have a 2015 charger sxt rwd.. It doesn't have fuses 15 or 16 or the relay.. My high and low beams are out.. Anybody find a solution to this..?

I have 2016 Dodge challenger and my passenger side headlight has gone out as well. I wonder if dodge has addressed this issue. They may need to do a recall on something. This is ridiculous. I will have my husband check my fuses in the morning . I hope that is the issue.

2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus, one, then both headlights go out intermittently. Had HID control module swapped twice, new bulbs then Saturday evening while out, BOTH headlights, then all (front) lights went out. Now they're going on and off when they want to. Haven't checked fuses, but "thought" mechanics would think of that. That's what I get for thinking. However, would the headlights still work some of the time if the fuse was blown? It's been about 3-4 weeks now. Will check fuses before dark today. Thank you for all the info! Wish me luck.

I have a 2015 Challenger SXT and headlights are going in/out, last night they go out while diving home! Looked for 15-16 fuses and mine are blank (no HID), where or what number fuse is it? This is ridiculous! HELP!!!

2019 dodge charder I switch to HID lights and just work for a minute and turn it off any suggestions

2015 Challenger SXT Plus, same light and also ignition problems. Found out it's the power distribution center. It's on back order, apparently they're manufacturing new ones due to problems with the original. Changing fuses 15 & 16 help for now, plus I think removing and replacing the PDC, has helped things work for now. However, may not stay that way for long. Could be months before new parts available.

Josh2015charger Y’all I’m confused. I’ve had my car 3 years with no 15 or 16 fuse. Or relay. And my lights have worked no problem (2015 Dodge Charger rallye). Today my right beam went out. Is it my bulb then? I’ve never had fuses 15 or 26 or a relay. Super confused. Help. Don’t wanna buy a 150$ bulb

I am having the same issues with my 2015 Dodge Charger R/T first my driver side headlight went out and now both are out. Have been trying to figure out what the issue was. Dealership tried to say I need to replace my assembly for close to $600 each. I will have my husband take a look at my fuses today!

Update: My husband changed out both fuses and boom now they are both working just fine. High beam and low beams work great now. I am still going to have the dealership take a look because the fuses are burnt to the point they look as though they were melting as you can see in the picture. I don’t think normal wear and tear would cause them to be that bad. So for anyone having this issue it may be a good idea to check your fuses.