Is Buick going to do anything to resolve the awful braking noise on their new Encores?

10

Asked by Dec 13, 2015 at 10:16 PM about the 2015 Buick Encore Premium Group

My wife loves her new Buick Encore - all except the awful braking noise that won't go away...  our local dealership repaired it once, then said that Buick won't let them repair it again because they're supposedly working on a resolution.  It's now been a year since then, and no resolution from Buick.  My wife is starting a job as a realtor, and for obvious reasons doesn't want to bring any clients in her car with the awful braking noise (for fear they'll think there's something really wrong).  Does anyone know if Buick is actually going to do anything about the noise?

66,125

Since it's not a safety issue, I doubt it. My suggestion would be to have the pads and rotors replaced. Unfortunately you'll have to pay for it because these are normal wear out items. HTH. -Jim

I agree. Even though it's a new car, a 2015, brakes will only be covered by "defects in materials or workmanship" and they will put that burden on you and weasel out of it. Sad but true.

10

Thanks! Unfortunately, it's not a pad & rotor issue. Buick knows that the "dampeners" they designed to reduce noise & vibration during braking are causing the problem. Our dealership has replaced these said "dampeners" once already, and Buick now won't let the dealer replace them again (at least not under the warranty), because it's only a short-term fix to the problem... Sounds like we just need to get on Buick's case to resolve it. Thanks for your input!

66,125

You're welcome. Glad to help. Talk to your local Office of Consumer Affairs. They may be able to put pressure on them! Good luck with this! -Jim

20

I also have the "fog horn" when I push on my brakes in my 2015 Encore. Last month when I received my "Happy One Year Anniversary" email, I sent a scathing one back about the brake issue. Apparently my Encore came from the factory with the kit on it, so apparently that didn't work. I will say Buick has been responsive regarding contacting me by email and phone several times, but yet no real answers.

10

I am leasing a Encore that has 2700 miles after 6 months, and since the first month I've encountered the loud grinding noises when braking, gets worse in rain or fog, on top of that I also have problems steering the car, it seems that when making turns on colder days or rainy days the power steering seems not enabled. When on a rough road, I feel every bump in the road, and the noises that come with them, I do not feel like I am driving a new car, but instead a 7 year old car. When the brakes catch, which happen often, it jerks your head forward. I do not feel safe driving this car anymore, I thought it was a new car breaking in, but after seeing these posts I see it is a mfg defect. I am very lucky that I did not purchase this car and instead have a 2 year lease, which, I feel is too long to have this car with these problems. Time to make some noise for ourselves.

10

We have a 2014 Encore and the "fog horn" brake noise is very accurate. First time buick replaced a brake booster but it didnt solve the issue. Next time in they said the rotors were pitted and they sanded them down. That didnt solve it either. Planning to go in a third time. Also, the radio cuts out intermittently usually in warm weather. Any ideas there? They did a software update and it seemed to go away but now that its warming up again, the cutting out has returned.

I to have the foghorn noise on my 2014 Buick Encore, had the car for 2 1/2 years had the noise for 2 1/2 years went to the dealer four times last time with a different dealer and he said that noise was normal all new cars made it time to go back to Toyota

We have also encountered the same brake noises since purchase 2 years ago. Parts have been replaced to no avail. Last week I told the service manager I want my money back or the vehicle replaced. I asked for a conference calll with him and his supervisor. Not really expecting any satisfaction. Began looking for a replacement last Friday, and will trade in the Encore. Buick boycott has begun just like the Starbucks that supported Lying Hillary and threatens to fill 10,000 jobs with refugees instead of veterans. My replacement will be American made.

20

I actually got my Encore fixed about a month ago. The finally got the replacement part manufactured and my Dealership received it and installed. Brakes work perfectly and have been "foghorn" noise free since!! I would encourage you to contact your Dealership or Buick customer service to get your Encore repaired.

what is the part? mine is in for the 2nd time.

I have a 2015 Encore that has the grinding brakes. Worse times are when it is rainy or snowy or damp outside. had brakes and rotors replaced last week. The noise is still there. We have been told the noise is nothing it is the brakes cleaning themselves. We lease this vehicle and feel like we are stuck with it until our lease is up in 2018. Not happy.

20

I'm not exactly sure what the part is. I had really great Customer Service from Buick and they are the ones that sent the part to my dealership. Maybe you should start there. I was in email contact with them.

Same problem with my 2015 Encore. Here I am April 2017 same problem. I'm done. There should be a way we expose this to the public. No more Encores!