Hyundai Tucson Loses Power - Keyless Entry/Start Engine Won't Work

Asked by Mar 12, 2015 at 09:57 AM about the 2015 Hyundai Tucson Limited AWD

Hi, I just leased a 2015 Hyundai Tucson and been having WEIRD issues with it. About
a week ago, I went to enter the car with keyless entry and it wouldn't work. I was
finally able to enter the car using the physical key, but then the car wouldn't start.
There was absolutely zero power to the car -- almost as if the car battery was dead.
After waiting on Hyundai Assist for 40 minutes, the car dashboard randomly blinked -
indicating power was back - and I was able to start the car. Took it into local deal, they
told me that a rubber band I had loosely around the shifter caused the sensor to not
recognize that the car was in park - hence losing power. I called BS on that, but they
sent me away without any further diagnostics. Same issue happened again last night -
this time, there was no rubberband around the shifter. Any thoughts? Clearly Hyundai
Service isn't helping...

William Kyle

sounds like the key's chip is dying or the chip reader is not working right, if it's the shiftier easy test put the car in (N) neutral and try to start it if car starts then shiftier sensor not lined up right if the sensor is not lined up car will think it's not in parking gear when it really is in gear. so if it does it again put the car in (N) neutral and try to start it then you will know the problem.

I noticed you are experiencing the same trouble I have with a 2015 Tucson. Remote stops working, interior lights stop working, trip computer and heater resets to factory default, It's clearly a problem with the car. I am taking it to Hyundai let's hope it's happening when I bring it in.

Hi I have a 2015 Tuscan bought it in May 2015 two weeks later I could not get in. Once I got in the car was dead. I called dealership in California told me to take remote and push it in the push button it worked. But dealership could not find problem. The car has gone back to Henderson Hyundi 3 times the last time they had the car for 11 days. I have started a claim with Hyundai for the lemon law . but Hyundai is fighing it. Natasha at Hyundai is the claim rep I am dealing with. More people need to complain about what is happening to us. The car is a lemon the representative of Hyundai mechanic is suppose to come to dealership to see what he can find. Please if you have 2015 Tuscan you need to contact Hyundai in your manual get a claim number and complain. Thank you

Donna Coffin

My '13 Tucson has been doing the same thing. Couldn't get in, thought it was the battery in the keyless remote so I used the mechanical key. Car wouldn't start but I heard a lot of clicking- as if someone was playing with the locks...I took they key out of the slot but it kept clicking, even when I walked away from the car. When I went back, it had stopped but still would not start. Called Hyundai assistance and they jumped it. Took to dealer and tested battery, it was fine. Said to schedule diagnostic appt, which I haven't had a chance to do yet. 6 weeks later now car again won't start, got the neighbor to jump. Next evening, car won't start, let it because I didn't need to go anywhere. Next afternoon asked friend for a jump but decided to try to start it fury- it started right up. Weird thing, last year the dash lights were lighting up like blinking Christmas lights and gauges were swinging all over the place. Took to dealer and they found corrosion on GHG06 and cleaned it. The GPS/Radio will also randomly not work. They finally showed me how to reset it but that's not normal. Taking it back on Tuesday for their diagnostic testing. We'll see...

I am having the same problem with my 05 Tuscon. Randomly will not start. When you put the key in to start you don't even get a clicking sound. I take the key out and try a few times and eventually starts

my daughter had the same problem as described by sallyjackson55; 2016 Tucson did not start with start button; the car was dead as door knob. her solution, put the key next to start button and push the start button; worked for her. Thank you sallyjackson55.