how the hell do i reenable my truck??

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 06:45 PM about the 1997 GMC Sonoma 2 Dr SLE Extended Cab Stepside SB

my father decided to disable my truck because i went off on a tangent and when i got
home he disabled it. i need it to find a damn job but he won't budge and won't either fix it
himself or even help me fix it. I'm going crazy without it and am missing out on big job
opportunities because of it. i need help PRONTO!

There is no way to know what he did to "disable " your truck. If you are not mechanically inclined, you may need to hire a pro. Assuming he didn't do actual damage, there are a lot of things he could Have done to disable. Pulled important relays, removed ignition parts, disconnected wires, who knows. The mechanic will try to start it and trouble shoot from there. He will check for spark, fuel, battery connections etc.

Open the underhood fuse box and see if the main fuse is there

But when you say you "went off on a tangent" what does that mean? Did you get a DUI or something to deserve this, is he trying to PROTECT you or just being mean?

Disable HIS truck. Then offer to fix it after he tells you how to fix yours. Tit for tat.

Best Answer

no i didn't get a DUI, i spent a couple nights with my old partner in crime and when i got back my dad disabled my truck so i couldn't leave again. its hardly protecting me, i was doing nothing more than smoking doobies and drink in whiskey with my buddy at his place. but KenF, i like that idea lmfao if only it could work.

Maybe a substance abuse website would be better than a car repair site......

the fact that you even brought that up is quite sad. I'm here for help with my truck not bullshit opinions. if you wanna criticize go somewhere else please, i find that rather rude. I've had worse substance abuse issues, smoking a joint an enjoying a rye and coke with a buddy is the least of my worries at this point. either help me fur my truck or fuck off. thank you.