Hello from Italy (near Venice). I am an American living here. I know the two locations for the VIN number you mention but I need to find where on the body of my 2002 Thunderbird the VIN (Chassis) numb

Asked by Mar 16, 2013 at 11:33 AM about the 2002 Ford Thunderbird Base Convertible

Hello from Italy (near Venice). I am an American living here. I know the two locations for the VIN number you mention but I need to find where on the body of my 2002 Thunderbird the VIN (Chassis) number is embossed. I need that because I am matriculating my Thunderbird in Italy and the authorities will not accept either the plate or the sticker as sufficient ID. Somewhere on the main part of the unit body that number is embossed. Can you help me find it? Please email me with the answer at citronrd@gmail.com

92,235

All about T-bird VIN's - http://www.tbirdregistry.com/see/vinc.htm --- Lovely area of the world you are in. I briefly spent some time in Naples. I was in the military, had no money and did a lot of walking around the city.

My wife retired last year as Deputy Garrison Commander at USAG Fort Hamilton, NY but until 2009 she was at USAG Vicenza, Italy where she had been for 25 years before reaching the position of Deputy Garrison Commander at USAG Vicenza. Now we've returned here to retire and bought our 2002 Thunderbird with us. I need t regste it in Italy which is why I need to find out where the VIN number is embossed.

3,040

Could be where the hood latch area is

Thank you for the suggestion. Just looked. Not there.

59,055

Google "ford customer service". I'm sure they'll have a phone number and/ or email address that you can contact to get that information. HTH. -Jim