2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee center controls not working, help!

100

Asked by Jun 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM about the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4WD

The touch screen works fine, but the controls & knobs below do not work/respond
(Volume, browse, A/C, etc...).  Any body have a clue as to why this would just stop
working?  Hoping for a quick fix, supposed to be 90 degrees today!

100

Se Photo : Anything below the screen is not responding/functioning. I'm lost when it comes to fixing stuff myself, just looking for some insight. Jeep dealer said it could be a bunch of different things since vehicles are over computerized these days. I just want my A/C to work!

110

I have a 2015 Grand Cherokee SRT and I had the same issue happen last week. I could still do the Nav/AC/radio tune/etc on the touch screen, but no manual buttons worked except the hazard light button. I assumed it was a fuse. I pulled out the fuse and it was fine. I put the fuse back in and everything worked after that. So I have no clue. This was after starting/restarting the vehicle as well. Maybe the fuse was loose, but not sure. Hope you found out what was up!

135

Same story with my Grand Cherokee as described by Jim. I pulled the fuse F49 (ICS/Climate control; it was fine) out and put it in and it started working again. I think its a cold reset of the integrated control system, by pulling the fuse one disconnects it from power, same effect would be done with disconnecting it from the battery and have a cold reset right there. The whole ICS / electronics section of the Jeep seems not very software robust in my opinion.

70

I had the same problem. Touchscreen worked, steering wheel controls worked, console knobs and buttons did not. Pulled fuse F49 as described above, fuse was fine, reseated the fuse and everything worked again. Thank you Jim.

110

Right on. I haven't had the problem since and loving the Jeep more and more (or I should say my wife is...it's hers). :)

90

Hopefully somebody will still read this thread!...But I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Had the same problem just occur, all buttons on steering wheel and touchscreen work fine except for the center controls underneath the touchscreen. Tried this fix above (pulling and putting back the F49 fuse) and had no success. Still have the same condition. The fuse was also fine as in everybody else's situation. Any other ideas?? Thanks.

20

I have a 2015 JGC SRT with 36450 miles. Just yesterday the touchscreen went black as i was driving. the radio remained on, and the screen booted fine when i stopped to restart. Jeep said there's nothing they can do unless it can be replicated, so i sent them pictures and they noted that this could be related to an issue i had a couple weeks ago when the seat memory stopped working altogether. I'm now out of warranty, and told it is up to Chrysler if this will be covered if/when it comes up again - which usually it will once it starts. Love the car, hope it holds up.

30

Happened to my 2014 Grand Cherokee. My buttons quit working and the Eco Mode light was flashing rapidly. I disconnected the battery and the problem seems to have gone away.

Checked fuses , found nothing , and when people say disconnect the battery does that mean both terminals or just the positive side

135

Just disconnect one side, that will do the job.

20

Hi I had this problem too, all the button is not working temporarily and randomly, I tried replace Fuse49 and replaced the whole central stack but problem still remain, anyone know what is going on?

10

Had the same problem 49 fuse should work but if it does not just disconnect the red positive wire from the battery for about 2 to 3 minutes

10

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited, 2wd, 6 cylinder, 38,000 miles. Had the same issue, nothing below the screen was working although the AC was blowing cold air. Pulled fuse F47 then put it back in and boom....everything worked again. Thank you very much for the advise.

Same problem, remove fuse F49 and placed it back in. Wait 2 minuets. Everything fixed. Thanks all.

10

THANK YOU GOOD PEOPLE OF THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it the we are able to help each other. this totally solved the problem of my 2015 jeep grand cherokee!!

10

I had the same problem. Touch screen worked fine, so I had to use it for ll of my controls. The buttons below the touch screen didn't work. In addition, the seat heaters would not come on due to the buttons not working. I pulled the F49 fuse...it was fine...put it back in after a couple of minutes. All of the button controls below the screen now work. The seat heaters work too! Thanks everyone for the advice.

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited- Center control knobs / Heated Steering Wheel and Heated Seats NOT WORKING! The Touch Screen works fine, but the center control knobs underneath the touch screen are not working. This is also causing the heated seats/heated steering wheel functions not to work. I cannot not use the center knobs to adjust the Radio volume, Eco mode, Nav system, A/C, Heat, Auto control, etc.; this has happened three times. The first time was when the Jeep was fairly new. The second time, it was diagnosed as an issued with the “center stack”...the dealership reset the “center stack” and told me they could not guarantee that it would not go out again, so I had the whole “center stack” part replaced at a cost of almost $700.00. Guess what, less than two weeks later, the center control knobs/heated seats/heated steering wheel are not working again!! Now, i want to know what is the root cause of the “center stack” dying and needing to be reset. I called Chrysler customer service and report the problem. There is no “Recall” for this issue. I think this is a problem Chrysler need to investigate…$700 is a lot of money. I plan not to buy another vehicle for a few years and I cannot imagine having to keep paying money over and over again for the same issued. In the meantime, I will try the list fix-it suggestions.

Awesome! thanks guys! replugging the fuse F49 also fix my 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I guess it is a temporary workaround. Seems the issue is so common. Hope Chrysler call back for this. I lives in WA where temp is above 32.

Thank you all so much for your responses. I was getting ready to take it to the dealership and they were going to charge me 149.84 for diagnostic.

I have a 2014 jgc with 8.4 Nav etc. After getting it back from an interior clean, the info screen is locked on 'controls'. We have touched everything and nothing seems to help. We disconnected the battery, but only for about 30 seconds. It didn't help. Anyone one else has this problem?

I have a 2015 JGC SRT and i have had the radio blk out on me button still functional, still under warranty radio has been swapped out by dealer 3 times this is my thirdr so far so good, issue were touch screen not responding , screen blk out when put in reverse.

I'm having this issue right now after doing the most recent update scheduled for February of 2018. It keeps saying could not install bolo. Every time I try to reinstall this update, it keeps giving me this issue. I've tried to disconnect the battery post on the negative side and that didn't work. I tried doing the soft reset which is holding the volume and the tune button, that didn't work. I've even pulled fuse F 49 and that didn't work. I'm stuck and I need help. Has anybody else run into this issue?

10

I have the similar issue screen is blacked out no control of touch screen features at all. Radio is dead with no camera. I have tried soft reset to no avail. Also pulling the fuse has not worked. Uconnect does not recognize my Vin number either 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I do have an appt with the dealership to service other recalls. I have only had it for 3 months. I love Jeeps but this is my second one with electronic problems. Starting to rethink my loyalty. Any other suggestions out there