Need help finding a hit and run suspect!

35

Asked by May 19, 2015 at 03:27 PM about the 2015 Honda Pilot Touring

So somebody hit my wifes parked car yesterday and took off. Unfortunately we were
unable to see the vehicle but as it happened in our neighborhood I can only assume its
on of our neighbors. The only evidence left behind was the suspects headlight
fragments. I picked up all that I could find and taped it together. Can anybody on here
help me find what type of car this may belong to?
Any ideas are much appreciated!! Thanks all!

The related car is my wifes car, has nothing to do with that car but its required to ask a
question.

65,905

Chevy Cobalt? Maybe? Have you contacted the Police? Any letters or numbers on the glass/plastic? Try riding around the neighborhood and look for a vehicle with front end damage. Not trying to be a wise guy but that's how a guy at work found the car that hit his. HTH. -Jim

65,905

Oh and you're looking for a late model if that's plastic. Probably less than 5 years old. Plastic yellows and gets hazy over time. HTH. - Jim

21,965

Oh, man- first you assume that it's someone in your neighborhood? Like nobody else in town drives down your street? Don't you have insurance? Don't you have someplace else to park it where it won't get hit? Deal with it- You can only control your own actions- What would you do if you found a "Cobalt" with a broken headlight lens? Shoot them? Please- just call your insurance company and spend your time worrying about real problems-

35

Oh Jim, i did contact the police and unfortunately they said since we didnt catch make and model or license plate they really dont have anything to go on. And there isnt any writing on the plastic I found, it was raining really heavily that night so Im assuming that part may have washed away.

35

Thanks Jim! I did exactly that, I drove around my neighborhood and close by parking lots in case they were trying to hide it. I have looked for damaged headlights and recently replaced headlights. I just googled the Chevy Cobalt and it appears as though that's really close but it has a bevel on it, Im not sure you can see that from the pic I posted. Thank you for taking the time to try and help!

35

To the completely unhelpful answer thank you for taking the time out of your day to post an answer in attempts do nothing. Yes I assume it's someone in my neighborhood as there's not many other people who drive down my street. Yes I have insurance but insurance has a deductible of which I have to pay to get it fixed because of somebody's irresponsible actions. Which though it's none of your business I have already called and got my vehicle in the repair shop. I do not have somewhere else to park as my driveway and garage is full, again none of your business. Again I have already called the insurance company and the police and guess what they told me to locate the vehicle and call them back. So glad you took the the time to try and tell me what to do instead of trying to help. Please keep your useless thoughts to yourself next time as its none of your business what somebody else does on the Internet. I reached out to a community for help finding the type of car a headlight belongs to not to griped at. Thanks again...

65,905

You're welcome. Glad to help. Hope you can find the person or someone owns up to it. Best of luck. -Jim

21,965

Mr. Smeago, I really was trying to help- that was my ineffective attempt at tough love- so, let me soften up, and say that I know how much it hurts to have someone mess up your parked car, and then just take off- I have had that happen more times than I would like to count- and some really nice cars, too- but never a new car, like yours- my message is this, without the attitude- if you own a car, you always run the risk of having it damaged, one way or another- this is a fact of nature- if you own a new car, and park it on the street, you run the risk of exactly what happened to you- didn't you know that? driving around trying to find who did it is not only futile, it could be dangerous- we share this planet with some pretty sketchy people- I feel sorry for your nice new car- but please, just pay the deductible and get on with your life- if you don't like the deductible, get a new insurance company- and if you can't live with a damaged car, trade it in on a new one- then park it somewhere else, clean out your garage if you have to-