why does the radio and usb port not work in my 2015 nissan versa note. no longer under warranty

20

Asked by May 19, 2016 at 02:13 PM about the 2015 Nissan Versa Note SR

my radio does not work at all. no power. nor does the usb port. fuses are all good and the warranty has expired. what could be the real problem?

1,695

Well the radio is fried for sure, if all of the fuses are good (assuming you checked the correct fuse panel). How many miles do you have on the car? The radio should be covered by manufacture warrantee 3year/36k miles.

20

there is actually 60k miles on it and as far as I know there is only one fuse box in the entire car. I tried to find out if maybe there was another under the hood but after looking at the owners manual it doesn't appear to have any but the one on the drivers side left of the steering wheel. guess I just need to buy a whole new radio. This car has honestly been more trouble than it is worth. I would not recommend this car to anyone.... my enemies maybe. lol

1,695

Holy cow- 60k miles?!?!?

20

it was used. I bought it in jan this year and it already had almost 50k on it already

30

I just had this same thing happen and took it to the dealer. The radio had to be reprogrammed. Whatever that means. They fixed it.

1,695

Usually the stereo will have a code request. It is unlikely that the stereo doesn't turn on at all, yet needs to be programmed. But hey, if that works definitely get it done

180

My daughter's Versa's radio & clock stopped working. After going through the monkey motion of checking various fuses (which were fine), I disconnected and reconnected the car battery. Radio/clock immediately started working.

40

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM AND IT WAS THE PERFECT CHEAP AND FAST SOLUTION , THANKS A LOT

I did what suckyversa did and it worked. thanks.

20

Unplugged the battery connector like suckyversa said on my 2015 Versa note with 19800 miles. Radio works now but the memory for stations etc was lost and needs to be reprogrammed.

MARK YOU WERE VERY HELPFUL , THANKS AGAIN

apparently a common problem. I just had this happen for the second time. the first time the problem corrected itself. the second time was this am. I will have to try this

10

If I dissconnect battery in order for radio to reset, will it mess up other programs and sensors? Mine rafio display became fragmented one day and stopped working the next along with usb port, bluetooth and other plug (cig lighter type)

20

My 2015 Nissan Versa's radio just stop working also. I really disappointed with Nissan. I will never buy another one.

I'm still not sure what causes it, but disconnecting the battery for about 10 seconds seems to fix mine. I was recently told of a second fuse panel under the hood on the firewall. Hope this helps

180

I posted here about a year ago when I discovered that disconnecting/re-connecting the battery fixed the problem. Just yesterday, I had to do this for the fourth time in the past year! Crazy fix but easy to do. I've done it enough that I now remember the right socket size to use (10 mm). BTW, you only need to disconnect one of the battery terminals... choose which ever one is less difficult in this poorly designed car.

180

Also, you will then need to reprogram your radio presets.