will not start after giving a jump

Asked by Dec 09, 2014 at 04:02 PM about the 1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr SLT SUV

I gave a friend a jump and used my jimmy.  I drove it to the location and jumped him.  parked the car and left it for several hours.  I started the car after several hours and it started as always.  the next morning it would not start.  It cranked but would not catch.  took the battery and tested it the cold cranking was low from the rated but still tested good.  the terminals have been cleaned and corrosion removed.  Tried checking the fuses but don't know which one to look at!

7,775

did it fire but not catch enogh or just crank with no catch check spark plug and distributor for carbon tracks