I have a 2015 sonata limited and it hesitates after a stop.

75

Asked by Dec 09, 2014 at 07:49 AM about the 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited

My 2015 sonata limited hesitates after a stop sometimes.  It doesn't do it all of the
time but does do it often.   i haven't pinpointed anything specific - like weather related
or dampness that is causing it.   I drove about an hour and 45 minutes the other day
on the high way and got into town to make some stops and then it started doing it
again so it's not that the car is cold.  I saw a message about using the left foot on the
brake but i don't drive with 2 feet so that's definately not the problem.  anyone else
experiencing this?  i haven't called the shop yet about it and had it checked out.

75

we are still having this happen but it seems like it's under damp conditions that it is worse!! we keep changing gas and noticed that one in particular - made it worse - so far we are sticking with buying the same gas and have less issues but still dampness seems to be the major issue!!

110

I have EXACTLY the same situation with my sonata 2015 eco model. i dont know what to do. Hyundai service center replaced fuel pump and do some other changes in electrical system. But in vain. i think this is some engine related issue :S

75

we were putting in premium gas and it seemed to help the problem but lately there isn't anything that is helping. But regular gas makes the car almost undriveable anymore. We need to take it back to the dealer again but not ready for the hassles we will have to go thru to get this resolved. I do notice that it runs worse in damp weather also!! Keep me posted if you make any progress and I will do the same here.

If you mean, from a complete stop, after taking your foot off the brake, there is a brief hesitation. It is there for a purpose. The hesitation allows your foot to travel from the brake pedal to the accelerator, without the vehicle rolling rearward. It's in your manual.

110

finally !!! i got my sonata 2015 fixed from the hesitation, stalling. Finally the hyundai service center got the error codes.they have replaced these 4 items. These parts are not expensive if your car is not in warranty, would cost you around 250 - 300 $. 1-Body Assembly Throttle ( EB25-01) 2-Sensor CKP ( CA14-03) 3-Sensor CamShaft POS ( MA10-21) 4-Sensor ASSY-MAP (BB05-02)

20

Yes, my 2015 Sonata does this also. Sometimes the stall is worse than others. I have put it in the shop 3 times, but each time they tell me they cannot find a problem. Sometimes the stalling is worse than others...it is a very serious worry.

110

@linda Please follow my advise,i was having same problem as of yours. Please ask technicians or service center to replace throttle assemly/censors and the parts i have mentioned above. your car will be fine.

20

Thank you. I will forward your response to the technician at the body shop....I'm not sure he will listen...but, I told him I would send him a link to this page. I am going tomorrow and see if I can trade it in for something else....it is really not safe...I have pulled out in traffic on Hwy 90 by my house and it was almost scary...thank you again

This just happened to me, my engine light went on and then car buckled. Thank god we have a good frien who is a mechanic and did the test showing the manifold stays open causing this He left the light on so the dealer will see and my car has only 16, miles.

Mine is really bad. If I slow down to make a turn there is a bad hesitation for a couple of seconds when I step back on the pedal. I can't stand to drive it. The dealership very aggressively says that it is driving fine. I will never buy another Hyundai. The car is beautiful and I really like it in every other way. It may go several days without issue and then goes back to doing the same thing. I've tried different gases it doesn't matter.

Did anynone got this problem fixed?