What vehicles interchange with 88 jeep comanche 4x4 front brake rotors?

Charlene Redd

Asked by Nov 14, 2015 at 02:47 AM about the 1986 Jeep Comanche XLS 4WD

My fr. Drivers tire fell off while driving 35 mph. I need to replace the rotor ect. I
need to know what vehicals will match.

May I ask what happened to have wheel fall of while driving? Lug bolts sheered off? Lug nuts were loose? Did you feel a wobble just before it happened? But to answer your question just go to a large parts store, NAPA and O'Riellys are good, and tell them you need rotors, (I assume the car rolled on them for a short time) wheel bearing, and geez the more I try to think if is you are going to have it towed to a mechanic. I could probably look up what other parts will fit, from other Jeeps, but that kind of damage is potentially severe and you will not even know what you need until taken apart. But I am very curious what happened. Wheel bearing? Studs? Wheels don't just fall off without warning, wobble..... It seems to me that you want to get parts from junkyards the way it's worded. I recommend not doing that. Go with new-stock

Best Answer

Any chance of vandalism? Somebody loosened all the lugs nuts? This is just sooooo odd.... and a good mechanic will be able to determine that

Please listen to Mr. Nut- brake rotors are not somethin' to cheap out on- they are inexpensive anyway- is that all your life is worth?!

The right parts for the right vehicle will prevent things like this from happening! HTH. - Jim

Charlene Redd

A friend had changed that tire the night befiore so my guess is they were not tighten enough. Yes, I felt a wobble and then the skid. The rotor I know is toast. The studs didn't brake but the lugnuts were all off . We found 2 of the studs inside with the brake parts and was able to get 3 lugnuts on just enough to get us off the bridge this happened on. Yes, we had to get a tow truck.