Choosing CFM carb - '72 Pontiac Lemans

Asked by Oct 05, 2015 at 02:25 AM about the 1972 Pontiac Le Mans Base

My engine is the stock 400 cu in 6.6L, I don't
know if this is enough info to determine an
answers so if not ask what you need to know
because I really wanna figure this out

94,905

So I'm going to assume you have a Quadrajet on it now, and you want to change it, Edlebrock makes a nice replacement carb for that engine and you can custom tune it by changing the rods or the jets, if your leaning to more performance types there is Holly carbs, they have a choice from vacuum secondaries to double pump accelerator style, a little more work to customize it but still very good performance carbs. Now if you really wanting full custom adjustability and money is no object you can install an electronic fuel injection system. I personally like the Edlebrock carbs for GM and Chrysler V8's, but that is just purely preference of one person. If still feel uncertain talk with your local speed shop or an old school parts counterman they can steer you to where you want too with this engine. HTH

94,905

This engine can easily handle at 700. CFM.

71,275

You can also call these guys to figure out what you need, so happens I have Holley's number, 270-781-9741.