What seats fit in 72 lemans?

Asked by Jul 01, 2014 at 02:53 AM about the 1972 Pontiac Le Mans Base

Hello all, I just purchased a 1972 Pontiac Lemans.  I am looking for bucket seats for it,
and I am wondering what all would be a direct bolt in?  Thanks in advance.. Please send
answers to Tschanuth@yahoo.com

4,575

Congrats! Great car to restore or modify. 68 to 72 GM (Chevelle, Buick, Cutlass, Tempest/Lemans/GTO) will all fit. The vinyl pattern will be different on all of these however, and will not match your door panels or rear seat. There are also a lot of aftermarket buckets to fit that car. You'll want to look for restoration parts from Ames Performance, Performance years, OPGI.

Hello, thanks for your answer. I had found a pair of craigslist and was wondering if they would fit http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/4469175385.html

4,575

Camaro/Firebird/Nova seats will NOT fit. Any unibody GM has a different floor plan layout than your 'framed' car. It needs to be a GM "A body" style: Chevelle, Impala, Monte Carlo, El Camino, GTO, Grand Prix, Tempest, Skylark, Riviera, Cutlass, 442. 1968-1972, and maybe a few years after that depending on the car it came out of. Even some Cadillac seats are about the same and will fit, but are very costly. You can also use older A-Body seats but they won't have the locking seat-back mechanism and this is sort of dangerous these days. Alternate: A pair of repro seats from Ames is $2430. Sounds like a lot when you can get an old seat core for $300.... but by the time you mess around with fixing the seat rails, replace the cushions, reupholstering, replacing all the trim, it will end up costing you more, and won't look right either. As I said tho, if you aren't looking for a restoration, just get a pair of aftermarket buckets in approximately the right color.