1986 Suburban Electrical issue

Asked by Nov 19, 2014 at 09:13 PM about the 1986 Chevrolet Suburban K10 4WD

i have an interesting problem still. while under load ie headlights and blower the truck occasionaly shuts off, loses all radio presets and everything, have replaced batt , alt, starter, ignition switch, wiring from batt to starter , and starter to alt, also all ac/heater electronics, resistor and relay, and blower motor. headlight switch was also replaced. any help would be greatly appreciated .

This is a hard to answer this question,but i will say this,there is a short,if it only doe,s it under electrical load,i would start by checking the truck,s battery draw under this load,some suburban,s have to have a beefed up alternator,to tote it,s massive wiring system,may need to upgrade,the truck probably,has a 13.2 amp alternator,you can get one that has 14.3 amp,may help,and again this old of model there could be other wiring issue,s all so.