How do I turn off the radio

Asked by Sep 20, 2015 at 02:57 PM about the 2015 Chrysler 200 C

I can't figure this out to turn off the radio.  Does this vehicle have a blind spot identification compenent to it.?

65,255

Wow, didn't it come with an owner's manual. Read it, your answers are there.

530

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure RTFM never occurred to anyone...oh, except that the rental company didn't provide one. I guess you don't really know the answer. By the way, you're missing a question mark. (Grammar lessons are the second most annoying responses to legitimate questions.)

108,985

And now we know why angrynick has 0 on his score.

530

So for all the hapless souls who rent a Chrysler and want to turn off the radio but don't have the manual and don't appreciate "guru" sites that appear at the top of your Google results, the answer is: You can't. You can mute it, but it will come back on the next time you start the vehicle. You can certainly turn it down, but then you'll eventually get a phone call and have to turn it back up. It's a feature of the Uconnect head unit. Same problem with Jeep and presumably Dodge models with Uconnect. Some have suggested that there is an update that addresses this, but that won't help you with your rental. You can read all about this and other wonderful Uconnect functionality on page 175 of the manual: http://www.chrysler.com/download/ pdf/uconnect/2015- Uconnect_84A_84AN-Multimedia- 4th.pdf? myyear_uconnect9=21&myvehicle_ uconnect9=0&o-download- button.x=34&o-download- button.y=14 (Actually, you can't read about how to turn off the radio in the manual, but you will have helped prove my point.) Have a good one.

170

Bob is an asshole. ASS HOLE.

10

Thanks AngryNick for your answer! You were the most helpful about this! I was so stumped by that radio today! Dang new fangled contraptions! lol ;)

40

I also had a rental, from Enterprise, so similarly for me, Asshole Bob's 'answer' was useless. Indeed AngryNick is correct, and his answer is most helpful, you CAN'T turn off. After spending a week with this car, I must say I hope this Uconnect 'feature' isn't one that becomes the industry standard. I like to make my own decisions when I drive. I still own only vehicles with stick shifts, and yes, that means a clutch on the floor, not paddles on the steering wheel. I do my own braking, adjusting of my own volume, and I turn my headlights and wipers on and off myself. That Chrysler radio 'feature' was a big pain in the ass. The instrumentation and controls were also lousy. No wonder nobody buys their shit cars.

Why is Bob a jerk?isnt the purpose of this is to answer questions that we don't know ?ok we googled the answer instead of reading the Manuel ? whats the difference and so what?my battery died and I wanted to know if it was because of my radio because I do boom it ..and when I turn my car on its already on so I wanted to know.no harm no foul!not a big deal to ask online .if you don't like the site don't go on it to bash others ?!thats what trolls do with no lives .also sometimes reading certain Manuela are confusing .ty very much.

The manual doesn't specifically address the ON/OFF situation with the radio- so Google it is!

Many other makes besides Chrysler have this same "feature". I'm not a nut case or conspiracy theorist so I'm not saying this is a bad thing they are doing. The radio stays on as this is the best way for the car companies to access the computer via satellite to gather performance data. The bad aspect of this feature would be the hackers wanting to molest your car via the same connection.

An addition to my reply (Guru926JF), I found out that my Chrysler product does turn off the radio, but only after the ignition key is out and you open the door/doors to exit. It does NOT turn off with the knob or switches on the radio. What used to be the off switch on the radio only mutes it. When you put the key back in the ignition switch and turn it, the radio comes back on without your help. It comes back on to a fairly loud volume and I have to mute it or turn it down again. When the key is in and turned, even to the aux position your radio is on, you can't do anything about it except control the volume and station. Big brother is watching (here is where the spooky music begins).