when i am driving my jimmy and put my foot down to over take my car starts to splutter can anyone help ?

Asked by Mar 01, 2015 at 09:50 AM about the 2000 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr SLE 4WD SUV

when i am driving and need to speed up to over take my jimmy starts to splutter and
bounce around i take my foot of the gas and then re apply the gas it some times fixes the
problem and some times it do's not this is not good when driving on the highway can any
body help please?

92,535

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem, replace the fuel filter and try it again, if it returns test the fuel pressure and flow, it could be a fuel pump failing or pressure regulator going bad. Does the check engine light come on when this happens?

Hi thanks for your answer on this i will try the fuel filter first hopefully that works :) and no the engine light do's not come on when this happens.my car is old but it has only done 72,000 km

92,535

As the mileage is low you could also have a build up of crud in the throttle body and on the air flow sensor, it would be a good idea to clean those as well. When was the injectors last cleaned professionally? They get cruddy too.

Not sure when they were last clean but I am going to check all these areas