Weird noise/2006 honda civic si

25

Asked by Jun 20, 2008 at 01:03 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic Coupe Si

I have a 2006 honda civic si and I have never had any problems with it.  Recently it started making this noise that sounds like a turkey gobbler or something. It kinda sounds like it might be a belt or something ...but it isn't.  I have a ton of friends that work on hondas and none of them actually got under my car but they did look under the hood and couldn't figure it out.  I took it to honda and he told me the part that ran all the belts just failed and they replaced that so I should be good to go.  I had my mom pick my car up and when she got home it was still makin the noise... I took it back and the guy told me I need a new clutch and that that was what was makin the noise....I don't really believe him cuz I definitely shouldn't need a new clutch after only two years and I have never heard of a clutch making a noise like that. Any ideas?

9,335

This is a little vague, can you tell us from where the sound seems to be coming from. Is it doing it all the time?Does it stop when you disengage the clutch, does it change with clutch in/out?

545

I work at honda and i have seen a couple civics come in with this problem, there is a Product update on these, can only be done at the dealership, the serpantine belt needs to be rerouted around one of the pulleys, for some reason it makes a chattering noise, or gobbling noise when you start the car and rev it. hope this helps, or it ould be your motor mount, there is also a product update on those too, it's the one on the left side. Ask the dealer about it.

25

thanks joel, ill ask them...they just seem so stupid though....i took my car home from them twice...NOT fixed....! I'll look into those things though

25

NOTHING happens when I push the clutch in...makes me think it def isnt the cluth. It seems to be coming from under the car...like i cant rly tell anything from just popping the hood..til i actually get under the car. It started happenin right after I put in my cold air intake...but i installed the intake myself and i know i did it right...I have had ppl look at it to make sure i didnt screw anything up too...so idk it might be something to do w/that?

4,385

You took your car to the dealer, and stated your problem. They said they fixed it, but you still have the same problem. From another mechanic's view, they're job isn't done. And since it seems they don't want to help you out by informing you of TSB's (technical service bulletins) that apply to your car, you should really find a different Honda dealer to have your car repaired at. Apparently, "customer service" is not in their glossary.

25

Uhmm yea unfortunately I would have to agree :/

Since you installed the cold air intake it could be a hose that's bent and not letting air get to yur motor. That happen to me when I had my integra. It sounds like a dying turkey. Hope this helps.

5,065

check ur clutches for any faults also try to do some gearbox related troubleshooting