Modifying

Asked by Jun 08, 2015 at 10:25 PM about the 2006 Honda Civic Coupe EX

Hello Everyone,

I'm not a newbie, when it comes to customizing cars. I do not have the bankroll neither
because my wife and kids are my first priority. However i do have an 06 civic ex coupe
automatic. Which I would like to do some modifications to, without having to change it
to a stick because I'm lazy. I'm not a track racer, but i sure do love to show off from
time to time with some of my old friends from the long Island and the nyc area. What
do you all recommend i should do? I have already installed a cold air intake but that's
about it. Your suggestions would really help....Thanks

1,515

Along with your cold air intake install a good cat back exhaust system. Forget nitrious or turbos, you can't afford that expence. Big fart can mufflers are obnoxious. Get a muffler shop with a tube bender to make you a single 3" pipe, and put it aside. When you can afford it add a perf. catalytic convertor & perf. muffler with matching 3" inlets & outlets. I like Raven products. A tube header is a must! And zoom on with at least a 20% hp increase! The theory is, more air in, more exhaust out, see? You're 1/2 way there.

20

You could probably get away with injectors as well but that might involve some tuning. Really it's all up to you. Do what you want to do. Especially with a Honda, there's so much out there the possibilities are endless. Just try and find things that fit into your budget and work your way up.

Thanks for the info

Which exhaust system do you find to be better the skunk 2, inner, or the cat back. Ive used the injen on my acura Integra A few years back. I did like it but I felt that it really give me the performance ratings I was seeking. Now that I have this civic im not sure what to do. I have just a little over 100,000 mile on it any tips I can get would be great.

Injen