If you hit the brake and turn of the car via push button at the same time.(Toyota Avalon 2014) Will the cars accessories.stay on, or do you have to turn the car off without touching the brake.

10

Asked by Mar 10, 2015 at 11:59 AM about the 2014 Toyota Avalon XLE

Having problems with a 2014 Toyota Avalon. Had it in the shop at least 4 times for dead battery. Fourth time dealer said it was a bad battery Car has less than 1500 miles. The battery replacement seemed to take car of the problem for a couple of months. Car is sometimes not driven for a couple of weeks. Recently started the car on a Sunday afternoon, just to make sure it would start. It did. The next day 24 hours later the battery did not have enough power to start the car. The car has push button start and stop. Of course you have to have key with you push the brake and it should start. To shut if off just push the button again. Here is the main question. if you shut the car off while pushing the brake (which is not normally done), could this drain the battery  becouse the accessoriies may be on or, after a period of time with no key in range car will go into sleep mode. Just trying to figure why for so many times the battery just dies.

355

To my knowledge, pressing the button with your foot on the brake will shut off all accessories just as if your foot was not on the brake. I think the way to keep the accessories on is to leave it in gear, shut it off (then of course, put it in park); So it has to be deliberate. I leave my vehicle unused for weeks at a time and I can have the same issue if I don't let it run for 20 minutes or so a week. However, when I have had an issue starting, I make sure the auto headlights, seat heaters, heat/AC, everything is off. Let it sit for 10 mins and try again. That said, I have had problems with new vehicle batteries from Toyota.

10

Thanks for your answer. This is my mothers car (she is 82). The batteries has come up dead quite a few times after not driving for a week or so. The dealer replaced the battery, (after the 4th time we called for roadside assistance). They did say the battery was bad. Saying that, it seemed to be ok for a couple of weeks. Mind you, it was not driven much. 1400 miles and almost a 9 months old. Just trying to figure out why this reocurring dead battery keeps coming. back. Remember car started fine the day before. Then when road side assistance showed, he said the car was left on. This is really puzzling. If you shut the care off after driving how can you leave it on accidently. Also I hate to take the care to the airport and park it for any period of time, come back and battery is dead. Hmmm I can leave my truck parked for over a month, starts with no problem....hmmmm

355

I wish I had a better answer, but I'm no mechanic. I do have to wonder why the roadside assistance guy felt that it was left on. Is it a hybrid Avalon? I know the hybrids have a lot of tech (and probably the newer Avalons too) which use some power in the background. Is there a possibility that the interior lights were left on (maybe in the back seat), or the door not closed completely?

10

I do really apprieciate you helping....it is baffling. It is not a hybrid...2014 Avalon LXE. I will keep plugging away until we figure this out. I have to wait to see if the battery dies again.....thanks

my toyota push start power wont off by pressing the push button ignition is on wont go off by pressing it please help me.

toyota axio