Just found out that my chrome trim on my brand new Ford Edge was glued on and isn't consistent with the VIN registered. I've called Ford, what else can I do for this dealership fraud? Help.....

20

Asked by Apr 04, 2015 at 09:57 PM about the 2014 Ford Edge SEL AWD

Dealership refuses to give me a copy of the window sticker......Ford says I was supposed to be informed at time of sale if any equipment was added but I wasn't. Definitely paid alot of money for a fraudulently chromed out vehicle! Any advice would be appreciated........

Sue!

Best Answer Mark helpful
70,355

The added chrome could have been a dealer installed option. For example when I bought my '86 C-10 pick up truck it had a rear step bumper. The truck didn't come from the factory with it the dealer put it on when they got the truck. Probably to make it more appealing from a sales point of view. I was informed of this when I bought the truck. Today most, if not all, trim is glued on to the vehicle. This is not an uncommon practice. If this is a warranty issue contact your local Office of Consumer Affairs. Explain that you bought the vehicle brand new with the added chrome, now there's a problem, and the dealer is refusing to fix it under warranty. It was part of the vehicle when you bought it brand new so it should be covered by the new car warranty. HTH. -Jim

20

Thanks Jim! The problem I have is that I took it to the dealership service center today for them to take pics to submit to Ford for warranty coverage and the woman who runs it said that I basically got screwed.....I would have to wait until Monday so that she could find out which 3rd party put it on there as she couldn't find the source on my vehicle in the computer. Ford says I was supposed to be notified of any dealership installation and I wasn't. It was presented as a factory chrome trim but Ford verified that it wasn't........I think they call it fraud.

20

And they won't give me a copy of the window sticker.....5 guys standing around there, the manager had it pulled up on computer and kept saying he didn't know how to print it....one guy mistakenly said "yes we can" but was shut up quickly by the manager......feel like I paid far too much money fraudulently......

70,355

I see. It sounds like someone at the dealership took it upon themselves to send the car out to "trim shop xyz" ,without Ford's authorization, to have the car dressed up. Now there's a problem and someone's butt is in a sling. I'd give them until Monday to come up with an answer. This shows everyone that you're trying to be diplomatic and cooperative. But make it clear that you intend to visit the Office of Consumer Affairs if the dealership and/or Ford refuses to fix the problem. It's not your fault or problem that the car was sent to an unauthorized facility to have the trim added. HTH. -Jim

20

Thanks very much Jim! That sounds like a great idea! Ford wants me to take it to a different Ford dealership to have them take pics and submit it anyway though she confirmed it wasn't a factory installed trim. I've never experienced anything like this....most of the trim is literally peeling and/or sliding. The supposed manager for today was a jerk who offered to remove it!!! Thanks again

20

And btw Jim.....it's only 3 months old!

70,355

You're welcome. Glad to help. That's really ashame!! I hope you can get it fixed!! -Jim