2014 Corolla CAI chirping noise

5

Asked by Jun 20, 2016 at 05:51 PM about the 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus

I own a 2014 Corolla S Plus. I recently purchased a
K&N Cold Air Filter. I carefully read the instructions
and cautiously installed the CAI. I then test drive my
car with excitement until after a few minutes I heard
a chirping low noise when I am on gear and pressed
on gas, sometimes while changing gears. It's kinda
like a bird chirping noise. I checked and secured all
tubing and hoses to make sure it's tighten and they
are. I'm not sure where it's coming from. I also
thought it was a suspension problem because it
sounds like it is but it's not. I tried driving to rough
roads and nothing. May you please help diagnose
this case?

5

I'd like to add, I started noticing my gas gauge now faster consuming prior to the swap. I thought having CAI saves more on gas not depletes. Please assist. Thanks.

12,775

I know you won't like hearing this( I KNOW SOME GUY ON A FORUM GAINED 25HP) but a cold air intake kit is a complete waste of time and $. Also oil from the K&N filter Travels upstream contaminating the MAF which is one of the main signals to control fueling / fuel trim , did it come with a Dyno sheet showing the mileage and HP increase? Check out how much time you have invested in this CAI now? and $ and convert this to real study / learning, mean piston speed, thermodynamics, stoichiometric fueling, flow physic's and what really enhances engine performance. I do suggest this in the most positive way I want people to learn and think. Regards HERE READ THIS BASIC BUT ACCURATE, having a properly functioning Mass Air Flow Sensor is critical to the proper functioning of your fuel injection system and as a result fuel economy. If a MAF sensor is malfunctioning badly beyond a certain threshold it will cause the computer to display an error code that may alert you to a malfunctioning MAF. However, if the sensor’s elements are just dirty (oily) then it will be constantly misreading your air ratio and possibly causing lower gas mileage.

5

Thanks for your honest answer. I greatly appreciate it. I hope others can comment and assist me with my case. I am worried.Again thanks Auto_Centric. Hope all the best in you.

25

Best solution for more hp gain versus the cold air is using the k&n drop in filter. Remove from plastic and let it sit for a day at room temperature on a paper towel to let the excess oil settle out and then install. I noticed a bigger difference with the drop in filter than the cold air due to the fact the the cars computer doesn't know what to do with the excessive amount of air. You may hear a gasp before it accelerates due to the fact it actually losses horsepower. My gas mileage has improved from the k&n drop in. I looked at the ted drop in as well and they told me they use the same gauze material with a yellow oil instead of red but it's an overpriced k&n. I have 10,000 miles on mine and when I took it in for the oil change I asked the technician to check the maf sensor and he sowed me it was clean. Turbo cars really benefit more from a cold air or if you retune the ecu to register more airflow but you have to match it up with a good exhaust and header with a sufficient amount of back pressure. If not your going going to get boggy starts from the get go off initial takeoff. For a cold air extra air intake you need exhaust flow to match and tuned ecu. Horsepower is more air in more air out as fast as you can get it through.