How long does the warranty last for a newly leased 2014 Mazda 3?

20

Asked by Feb 17, 2015 at 12:29 PM about the 2014 Mazda MAZDA3 i Sport Hatchback

I have had my leased 2014 Mazda 3 for about 8 months now. Got it late June 2014.
Shouldn't the factory warranty for a 3 year lease/' 36,000 miles last until that time is
up? I have the the Russ Darrow Platinum Rewards card. Why would I be getting calls
saying my factory warranty is almost expired? Why would it expire at 8 months? I
received a small card in the mail with a number to call, telling me I needed to call in
order to extend my warranty. I had to make a down payment of almost 400 dollars and
now a monthly payment of $295. on top of my car payment. Why should I be paying for
a factory warranty for something that should not be expired yet? Or am I missing
something? The number was 1-800-267-9566.

Who was the call from? I have a feeling it was not Mazda. I don't have a clue about the terms of your lease, but when I leased a Ford years ago, they took care of everything, and I mean everything, all maintenance, oil changes, and it was a 2 year lease and since technically the car does not even belong to you, it's just like a long-term rental, and it's in THEIR interest to keep it tip-top. I would contact the dealer you leased it from, and ask them. Something smells fishy here.

Best Answer

I ran that 800 number through the reverse directory and it came back "unlisted" ..all the more reason to be suspicious. I hope you used a credit card if you already paid them anything. At least that way you have some protection

20

I have the sickening feeling you are right..It was weird because the card had no Mazda identification on it what so ever, Yet they some how had all my car personal information as well. Apparently it's called United Auto Defense. Which they told me after the fact I had fully signed up over the phone.

You've been had. These places buy or hack your personal information.

20

................Fantastic. Great start to my week. Your response is extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Congratulations, you've been scammed. The reason that mailing had no Mazda identification on it is because it didn't come from Mazda. That "warranty" company has no connection to Mazda. They got your name and car ID from your state DMV and sold you a useless warranty. The standard Mazda bumper to bumper warranty in the US is 36 months or 36000 miles. As long as your leased or owned Mazda vehicle still meets those limitations, the warranty is still valid. Contact your state Attorney General to file a complaint against that company and try to get your money back.

10

I have an AUDI and I received the same latter as well. I could read this post meanwhile I was calling them. 1) They do not inspect the car personally 2) hey asked me to pay 5 years in advance 3) they do not have any office where I could go and talk about it. So, 100% SCAM GUARANTEE