Charger won't always start, acts like its out of gas even with full tank

Asked by Oct 21, 2014 at 12:10 PM about the 2014 Dodge Charger R/T AWD

Here's the problem with my 6 month old Charger R/T AWD.  Occasionally the car will not start.  I push the start button and the car will turn over fine but will not actually run.  It just keeps running the starter and I have to push the start button again for it to stop trying to start the engine.  Basically it sounds like it's out of gas but the tank is full.  The dealership replaced the fuel pump and it lasted for three starts. On the fourth try it had the same issue as described earlier.  After multiple tries it finally started and I sent it back to the dealer again. Got it back again after the dealership replaced the fuel sensor relay. Got it home last evening and came out this morning and it just did it again to me for a third time.  I was able to finally get it to started after a few tries.   When it does run there is also now an occasional hesitation when the accelerator is pushed.  Any suggestions besides what the dealer tried?

Sorry I don't have an answer for you, but what I can bring to your attention is Lemon Laws. They vary from State--to-State but if this does not get corrected to your 100% satisfaction, in a "reasonable " time period I would look in to that, you could end up with a new car

10

Friend in Oklahoma brought her car back to the dealer under lemon law, they had to buy it back and pay for the tag, title, tax, etc.. I think it only required 3 trips to the dealer over same issue in first year of ownership in Oklahoma. Definitely agree with FordNut, look up the lemon laws in your state.