ECM problems on a 2014 Toyota Corolla

10

Asked by Jan 03, 2015 at 08:38 PM about the 2014 Toyota Corolla LE Eco

Hi gurus,
I have a 2014 Toyota Corolla that I've had for 4 months and already the ECM is giving problems. One morning the check engine, trac off and maintenance light all came on after starting the car. First the rev was super high then dropped and the engine quit. Everytime I would start the car it seemed like it wasn't feeding gas and would just sputter. So I took it to Toyota here and the recalibrated the ECM (or thats what I was told). History with these mechanics have made me leary and I can't help but wonder if it'll happen while I'm traveling across the island. Isn't it relatively soon to have these problems already? Your thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

10

Thanks Jim. Yes i did exactly that. They wanted me to drive it there but I refused and had it towed. I then had to wait a week before they even looked at it. They found a handful of codes in their diagnostics: P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P10A0, P1603, P1604, P1605, P2646, P265B. Theres also a note: Found TSB-0011-14. Performed valvomatic test:ok Engine ECM has updated calibration. Performed ECM update and retest: ok. Codes cleared and idle ok. Furthur diagnosis may be needed after initial scan. Fail code: 99 cond. Code: 99 This was listed on my invoice. So my question is, isn't it way too soon for a brand new car to have these issues? Although I have no clue what the codes mean, and I was given a very vague explanation by the service scheduler since the mechanic was "too busy at the moment" and probably the fact that I'm a female didn't help. If you have any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo.

68,495

The P03XX codes are misfire codes. Sounds like it's time to contact Toyota directly via their customer service phone number or email. This vehicle is WAY too new to have issues like this. If you bought this vehicle, as opposed to leasing it, they have 3 attempts to repair the vehicle. After that I'd recommend you invoke your rights under The Lemon Law. This is absolutely terrible!! You deserve to have a new vehicle that runs correctly for years to come!! Please keep us posted. HTH. -Jim

Best Answer
10

My thoughts exactly as the car was only purchased 4 months ago. Now that i know whAt those codes signify, I will definitely have a talk with the manager. Thank you so much for your help. I will post an update. Mahalo! Malia

68,495

You're welcome. Glad to help. Thank you for the best answer click. - Jim

68,495

Take it straight to your local Toyota Dealer. It's under warranty. With it revving up unexpectedly you may want to have it towed in, at their expense, for safety reasons. If they have to keep it a day or two get a loaner car. Again, at their expense. HTH. -Jim