my 2014 toyota corolla radio and back up camera completely stopped working after i hit a large pothole. Any suggestions? Please help me?

50

Asked by Dec 31, 2015 at 01:55 PM about the 2014 Toyota Corolla S

2014 toyota corolla radio, back up camera, usb ports and bluetooth
connection stopped working after I ran over a very large pothole. It went off
immediately after I hit the pothole then came back on as if it were about to
restart but it cut off and hasn't started back up since...

73,775

Newer car, no warranty?

50

Yes newer car and Toyota said my warranty is up on the radio component

73,775

Go figure...By the sound of it there may be just a loose connection somewhere. I would start by following the wiring from and check all the connections. New car, gotta be something simple.

50

Yes that's what I'm thinking but since I'm a woman the Toyota rep says they'll have to go in the dash. If that's all I can do it myself lol I just need instructions.

Baloney. New Toyotas, have what they call "Toyota Care" and depending on the day you took delivery, possession, is service and oil changes. For 2 years. Other wise, you have a Basic Coverage of 36 months/36,000 miles. So as long as you have not clocked over 36k, those components should not have failed and are covered. http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/omms-s/T-MMS-14Corolla/pdf/2014_Toyota_Corolla_WMG.pdf --- Also Ccutty1 don't start tearing you dashboard apart, unless you are experienced and have the right tools. You may open a can of worms. It's not as easy as it sounds Now for the bad news. According to Edmumds. com and http://buyersguide.caranddriver.com/toyota/corolla/specs#features and http://www.cars.com/toyota/corolla/2014/standard-equipment/ -None list a backup camera as standard or optional equipment, so you my be out of luck there. Has to be aftermarket.

Now, lets get to the no-start condition. There is an inertia fuel shut-off switch but works in a much different fashion that a Ford. It can shut of fuel to prevent fire, upon impact that does not involve air-bag deployment, just a hard impact, such as you describe... must have been a pretty good size pot-hole and you were doing a moderate to high speed. Click this for full screen... Once you locate the inertia switch there is a switch on the side that has to be slid up or sideways. It's not as hard to get to as this image may seem to depict

One more thing. go to the link at the end of this post, have your VIN# ready and you can get a ton of information about your car, much more than in owners manual and also all service records. - https://ssl.toyota.com/owners/login

73,775

Thanks Mr. FordNut...I had ben out in my garage the rest of the day working on a, a, you guest it...a Ford.

50

Thank you so very much ! I will consider all advice and try something

50

Also I'm over 36k do you all have any more suggestions ?

Ccutty1 ...Do you have tools - and any experience with automotive electronics, and audio systems? And I mean moderate to a lot of experience and time, and not just a bit of watching somebody else pull a radio C/D player....and troubleshoot a back up cameras. If you do, knock yerself out and tackle it. Otherwise you are going to have to a a good car audio shop, they also do back-up cameras....and pay...since you have over 63,000 miles. The Drivetrain is covered for 60,000/5 years But meantime you can check fuses. I will fund a map.

OK. The 'cig' and power outlet have different fuses. I bet the one in is he console is the power outlet. The cig is the one on the dash. Now it's not listed on the map, but I went to several forums and they all agree, the power supply for USB is in the same fuse as power outlet. Quote" Consolidate any devices drawing power from a USB port to have its own fuse /power supply. So he cut, spliced, wiggled wires through tiny holes or drilled holes, and put 3 new wires, on the main battery cable coming in to fuse box, in-line fuses, one wire for each plug-in, a ground wire and left the USB port on it's own original fuse. Now, the owners manual was NO help. Ia fuse blows, replace it, DUH! Good luck and keep us informed. Click this for full screen ~~David

http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om-s/OM12F00U/pdf/OM12F00U.pdf -It does have a factory rear view camera after all.Page 201 -206. Lens right above license plate. My bad. What a dope. And the audio, USP, Bluetooth, all of that is very complicated and take up a full 133 pages of the manual, from Page 275 to 378

toyota corolla 2013 le eco reverse camera doesn't work