Is anyone having trouble with the passengerside rear view mirror on GMC Terrain?

Asked by Oct 30, 2014 at 12:41 AM about the 2014 GMC Terrain SLT2

I hate mine, almost sideswiped 3 other cars now, trying to merge into right lane, in less
than 2 months use. Do all new GM cars have the same mirrors?

No they don't. The Terrain shares its platform with the Chevy Equinox and the Cadillac SRX. What don't you like about your mirrors?

You could purchase a "blind spot" stick on mirror or additional mirror. There are many different styles available.

The mirror comes with a blind spot mirror in the upper outer corner of the mirror. Set the big mirror so you just see the side of the SUV, and use the little mirror to see in the other lane. I use both the inside mirror, the side mirror and turn and look. As a retired peace officer, zI am used to looking in mirrors and my forward vision is on the road in front of me only 20% of the time. The rest is processing who or what is near or around me. Once you get used to the new vehicle, and mirrors, you will feel more comfortable. Always know if there is a car on either side of you. There are blind spots on all cars, that's why God gave us necks that turn. I just wish we could remove the neck cushions from the rear seats so we could see out the back unrestricted. I find these mirrors better that my 10 year old SUV Buick even thought they had large mirrors.

Best Answer Mark helpful

califcarson, right on. Last car I had was a 2007 Chy Van and it did not have same (may appear closer) type mirror, so your right it will take some time to get used to. Mean while my neck will be turning. Thanks for such a good reply.

More that glad to be of assistance. Enjoy your Jimmy, as will I. My wife and I took it on a long trip to Utah to see several national parks, driving over 1800 miles and got 27.8 MPG. I got used to using the mirrors on the trip. If you have a week or so to kill, go on a long trip and relax. :-)

The built-in blind spot mirror on the passengers side is difficult to use. You must overadjust (by a lot) the entire mirror to get the blind spot mirror where it will do you any good, then the mirror is seeing the side of the car only. I did rent a Yukon recently and the blind spot mirror was fully intergrated (a rise in the mirror, not a separate mirror) and it worked great ! I'm worried because I can't se and need to turn around constantly and I'm aftraid I'll have an accident. Please help ! I'ts even worse at night, all you see is headlights....Bty I am fully aware of the stick-on mirrors..

Please let me know if a newer moder Terrain or other GMC model mirror is compatable and I can replace the mirror with one of these that might have the blind spot mirror intregrated instead of a separate mirror.

Night driving is bad with the mirrors, and it is difficult to see due to the headlights reflecting. The little blind-spot mirrors do not work at night. That is why we need to swivel or necks.