Asked by Sep 28, 2016 at 09:29 PM about the 2014 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Just Bought a 2014  2.5 Outback Limited for the wife and we find the Goodyear 3's ride pretty rough on hard concrete roads and transmit a lot of road noise to the cabin. Looking to quite it down with some good tires.

279,955 check out the reviews. Go with Michelin's for quite. Firestone, Continental, Yokohama tires are good too.

I have a set of Firestone A/S Wide Ovals on my Marauder. They are quiet, wear well and are reasonably priced. My Marauder is rear wheel drive though. On our Lincoln MKZ AWD we have Michelins. They are quiet, wear well and are somewhat expensive. Figure out what you are willing to spend and do as Tom suggested, go to read reviews and look at the prices. Stay with a name brand and you should be fine. You may or may not get the quiet ride you are looking for because road noise from tires may be somewhat normal on a Subaru. Our Michelins are VERY quiet, but the Lincoln is fairly well insulated and doesn't transmit much noise.

Yep, I've looked at all the reviews on every site regarding tires. The opinions are mixed at best with no real exact winner in my mind. I was hoping that an Outback owner would have a suggestion that worked.

Michelin's seem to be about the best you buy, I've also had some good luck with TOYO's but they do tend to make some noise on concrete roadways but not too bad on blacktop.

Michelin Defenders seem to be at the top of a lot of sites. Again mixed reviews, tough to choose with out any actual facts from experienced owners of an Outback. I live in Wisconsin and our roads are always in repair not to mention our fun winters.

How are Michelin Premier LTX All Season Tires ?

I ran the LTX tires on my Tahoe, they were fairly quiet on the roadway, but they were not a smooth riding tire, very good on wet roads and good off road if the mud wasn't too serious, but if the snow got over 6 inches and it was a wet snow, they tend to loose traction, dry powered stuff they worked good, so for what I us d them for I thought they worked great.

ws_1- this is all very interesting comments from people who actually don't even own a Subaru.... As a point of information, NEW Subaru Outback's usually have Continental tires as standard equipment. I would definitely recommend that you look at them. How many miles are on your car? And , it sounds like someone may have used these inappropriate Goodyear tires because they were cheap? There's no way to justify buying poor quality tires to save a few dollars when your safety and comfort are at stake..

Continental tires? Okay. Michelins are the best no matter what you put them on. The downside is they cost more. Standard equipment tires many times are junk, example the Goodyear RS-A tires on my Dodge Ram good for only 25,000 to 30,000 miles. Goodyears better tires like the Wranglers are very good, Goodyear RS-a are not. You can't go wrong with Michelin tires.

Michelin's on mine too, got over 60k miles out of the last set and if not for leaving on a road trip then I would have pushed them even farther.

Am so over the Yokohama tire's recommended for my 2012 Subaru. Bought my car in 2014 and replaced the original tires in 2015, now in 2017 replacing them again! I average about 18k/yr on my car and live in the NE where weather is an issue. Cannot afford $600 every 2 years for tires. Looking for something to actually stand up to the warranty!

I am using Arizonian tires on my 2015 Forester and for a economy tire they are quite good. I got "tired" of spending a lot of money on expensive tires that did not live up to the hype and wore out fast as well.

If by Goodyear 3's you mean the Triple Tread I agree. I had a set and they were one of the worst tires I have owned. Good dry traction but mediocre in the wet and snow and they wore out FAST.