Fusion radio won't turn on

Asked by Jan 28, 2017 at 02:33 PM about the 2014 Ford Fusion SE

My 2014 radio( not touch) will not turn on, it lights up and
displays the date and time but when I hit the power button it
acts like it will start showing the blue boxes, then just goes
back to date and time. Started after I had to jump the car. Any
ideas

1,305

disconnect the battery for about 5 mins and reconnect it. that should reset the acm

40

did this work? having similar issues

30

I have that same problem but the screen does not work. I go to the fuse panel and take out the fuse for the radio, but the fuse is good to go. Out of curiosity, i turn the vehicle on and the then the radio works. This happen to me about ten times with fusions and Edges. Don't know why it does that

I have the same problem did you find any solution

Dealing with the same issue as of tonight. The past two three weeks it seems like regular played stations aren't coming in clear too. Now the radio try to turn on and just returns back to the time and date screen.

30

I had the same problem with my 2014 Fusion radio. Dead battery, charged it, car starts but radio not working. Not fuses. What I found was to turn ignition to accessory only, do not start car. Your radio should work now. I don't know why but it worked for me. Now about two weeks later the radio did this again without battery dying. So when I got home I left the car and radio turned off for 15 or 20 minutes and turned to accessory and the radio works again. If anyone has an explanation for this I would be interested in reading it. Leadman

50

How to set radio

Ok, so I have been dealing with the same issue, my display would only read "ford fusion" none of the stereo/sync system worked at all. I tried pulling the radio fuse (#39) (2012 fusion) and still nothing. A day later I was gonna retry it and a couple other things and ended up dropping the radio fuse and couldn't find it. A few days later I was gonna try removing battery terminal and touch the pos and neg cable together to make sure all power was out. I also unplugged all wiring harnesses to the inside fuse box. I hooked everything back up started the car and nothing Still. Then I happened to find the lost fuse that I had actually forgot about losing (oops) with the car running I plugged the radio fuse back in and IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if it was a combination of these task or just letting the fuse stay out for a few days or maybe just putting it in while running but somehow it corrected the issue. I hope this works for you guys

I had the same problem with my 2013 Ford Fusion. None of the buttons worked. The display showed the time and temperature and nothing else. I tried turning off the ignition and restarting it and I tried accessory only. The radio still wouldn't work. I left the car alone for about three hours and then when I started it up again the radio worked! This is the second day after the first event and the radio is still working, but I'll bet the problem will recur. I hope someone comes up with a permanent fix.

Same problem with 2013 Fusion. Disconnected battery for 10 minutes, reconnected it and it's now fine. Hope it stays that way

Having the same problem as well currently at an auto zone looking for fuses but the cashier checked and noticed that the fuses are find so now he has unplugged the battery to a few mintutes I’ll give an update if that was the problem solver

Tried all these remedies, none worked, now what?

10

Anyone know which radio fuse is for a 2015 Fusion?