how do you turn off the check engine light on a 90 geo prizm

25

Asked by Oct 07, 2012 at 06:10 PM about the 1990 Geo Prizm 4 Dr STD Hatchback

210,485

It isn't as easy as it sounds. The check engine light means there is a fault in one of the sensors, and something needs to be fixed or replaced. You first need to scan for the code.codes and diagnose from there. After you fixed your issue, the light can be cleared and will stay out. If you want to see if just a faulty gas cap or one off thing happened, remove the negative battery cable off the battery for 20mins and then reattach. The light should be out and maybe your radio presets will be cleared. If the light comes back on though, you have a problem that needs to be addressed.