my speedometer is going nutz,and my heater is not working the hoses are hot,and the heater core is not leaking,and the fan is blowing cold air???

Asked by Dec 27, 2014 at 01:04 AM about the 1990 Geo Prizm 4 Dr STD Sedan

going slow the speedo reads 70 mph heater blows cold air,the switch is open,and the
heater core is not leaking??????

7,600

coolant level in the rad is full and burped? this has a cable operated heater valve ? It is where the heater hoses are going through into the car? Lifting the cable off and turning the heater valve by hand one way and then the other does and does not allow the heated coolant to pass to and from. putting some lube on the cable can allow the control to move fully where before, it did not go right fully? is that the kind it has? Then you would reattach the cable. Your speed insert for the trans must have a sensor? and an electronic speedometer ? Some toyo kind had sensors and some could have cables. have you a haynes manual?

DAWG!! Slide on down to the Dealer and unload that hunk o' junk and get a great Holiday Deal on a new ride!! You owe it to yourself to be cruising in style, baby!! Hollar at me!!

7,600

if the cable sheath it out of range, you can unsnap it, reposition it and snap it back into place. That car is economical and simple to fix for most of its issues that come along. timing belt, seals, waterpump, carb issues, or what have you. It is worth keeping no matter what the issue. the you pull it yard or equivalent in your area has every part at one time or another.