2008 cv police took batt positive off to reset check engine light putt back on after 20 mins now no dash lights only airbag and radio would a popped fuel pump switch cut power to dash and fuel pump ?

10

Asked by Sep 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM about the 2008 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

changed missfire plug took off positive battery to reset check engine light cleaned post put back on now dash lights off only airbag and radio lights.now engine turns over but wont start I also had someone back into me over driverside rear tire i pounded out the sheet metal while waiting for check engine to clear . would the pounding around the fuel pump shut off switch to cut power to dash and fuel pump ? How do I reset the fuel pump switch or where do I check for fuses ? Thank you Doug

put an OBD-II scanner on there and clear all codes~

The reset button should be on the driver's kick panel...at least it is on Ford trucks of the vintage...crown vic may actually be near the tank or under the backseat~

my associate Tracy is more acquainted with the crown vic...I suggest you PM him with the question~

245

the reset is in the trunk left side thats where it is in my 03 cvp

26,935

Thanks. Yes, the switch is in the trunk on the left side. It will have a Red button on the top and yes, it will shut off the fuel pump. The idea it to have and impact switch that shuts the high pressure/high volume fuel pump off in the event of an accident. Pounding on the fender can trip them. I once hit a 5 gallon bucket at highway speed and tripped it.

10

Thank you to everyone . Reset the fuel shutoff switch. Car fired right up. I guess it's sensitive for a reason. Thank you great site

26,935

You're welcome!

We will have to tell HENRY S....these things are important to him~

How do i get the fuel pump relay to pop back up i have a 2008 crown vic

26,935

I think you're talking about the Inertia Switch. The Fuel Pump Relay is under the hood and does not "Pop-up". The Inertia Switch can be tripped or caused to Pop-up by rapping it with a small hammer - the button should be down though if you want the fuel pump to run. If what you want is to disable the fuel system, I recommend unplugging the Inertia switch rather than striking it.