Fuel pump?

10

Asked by Mar 27, 2017 at 03:48 PM about the 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

So I was getting gas $25 to be exact and while pumping it
stopped at 20 like the car was full but it was and later on I
was driving the car I couldn't accelerate the car was still
running. I cut it off and now it won't come back on

119,645

Take a look at the Canister Purge Valve and or VAPOR CANISTER, when this is plugged or clogged, it will not allow you to fill the car, you gets whats called vapor locked...

What ended up happening, what did you have to fix??

10

I believe I have bare wire somewhere that’s causing my fuel relay fuse to blow it hasn’t happened in a couple months but when it does I just change the fuse and it doesn’t happen again for a couple months.

If you’ve had any minor accidents in that car take the bumpers off or anything else and check for the smallest breach in any electrical wire bundles. Ask the previous owner if they have either and hopefully they’ll be honest to you so you know where to look.

And btw is it your actual relay or is it a fuse? And what kinda fuse? 50a dude???

50a fuse*

10

It’s the 20a mini fuse...like this morning on my way to work the fuse blew after going through high water

Mmmmm. Well I just checked online for your 05 p71 and that fuse goes to your fuel pump module so that’s why it won’t start. The funny thing is mine won’t start rn because it needs a fuel pump, I’ve got a totaled 05 parts car and I’m taking the pump off it and putting it In my daily 03. Since the fuel pump is behind the gas tank and all you gotta do is take the tire off, fuel pump sits right behind the exhaust. Try to check those wires and harnesses and tape them over if you find any cuts or exposed wires

It’s on the passenger rear side.

And it must’ve blown because water is conductive of electricity so it must’ve made some wire contact the metal of the car or frame most likely. A rodent may have even eaten at the wires. Good luck resolving the issue man! It’s a real pain in the ass to work on anything in a vic.

The canister purge valve and vapor canister have nothing at all to do with this it’s strictly gotta be those wires running from the fuel pump to the fuse box

10

Ok thank you I really appreciate all the help and ideas I love love my car and the thought of having to get rid of it hurts August makes two years of having it