2005 police interceptor transmission issues. I have a 2005 Police Interceptor with a Fw7p-7000-ha transmission in it. And it won't downshift with a short delay. Like when you pull in a drive way to turn around when shifting from reverse to drive there is a several second delay unless you pull into low gear. Transmission shop checked it and said it had weird code but he could remember what it was. Transmission is fine otherwise. And it only has 95,000 miles on it. Please help I am at a loss

Asked by Oct 29, 2015 at 06:48 AM about the 2005 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

14,115

Did you ever consider how hard this car was driven? How long have you owned this car and what was the mileage when you acquired it? Other than that, you might want to check the speed sensor or the computer. I would definitely advise taking it to a transmission shop or your trusted mechanic. The fact that it has only 95,000 miles is irrelevant.

14,115

I see you took the car to a transmission shop, but, if they didn't have a solution, go somewhere else.

16,335

The valve body might be getting gunked up. There is a specific hole in the valve body of the tranny that determins the speed of the clutch engagement from D to R and R to D. This delay seems to be common across the Panther platform, and a valve body upgrade can improve shift performance, but making sure it is clean and gunk free would be a good start before going that route.