I want to Extrude Hone and coat factory log-style exhaust manifolds with Swain-Tech....

5

Asked by Jan 01, 2016 at 12:54 AM about the 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

What would be the highest flowing design?  Seems to me the 03-up P-71 unit is best, just fishing for opinions.  Thanks, Don

5

I know it will be expensive-to say the least-but I want to preserve the sound quality I have now. It's perfect. I bet I'll pick up power, the heat will stay contained and speed up the flow, filling the chambers faster. Also, a smooth finish will further speed up the exhaust charge. Call me crazy.....

65,155

Headers will work better. You could try port matching your existing manifolds and polishing the interior to pick up a little flow.

5

No doubt any header would be better! I just want the same sound quality....I'm going to port match it, and coat it inside and out. If nothing else, underhood temps will come way down, and I'll preserve the sound I love. Thanks for your input