my car want start when i put my transmission in. i didnt even take it off the flywheel

70

Asked by Aug 23, 2013 at 01:27 AM about the 2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Car want turn over when I turn the ignition.it just click I didn't even take the flywheel off.I
put it back together 3 times. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP HELP ME PLEASE

we have an undervoltage condition in which the solenoid isn't plunging all the way...gears are not meshing because the are not fully engaged....get a NEW battery and wirebrush the 1/0 cable that attaches to your ground...that should convince it (assuming all components are the same)~

Best Answer
70

That's sound like a plan. What if my battery is fully charged. Where is the ground located on the starter or the wire that connect to the starter

yes. the big honkin' cable....that way cause has to pull "weld" type amperages..which you are pulling this connection off to wirebrush it because it is "welding" itself everytime you engage the starter~ check the date of the first charge on the "knock-off labels" on the top....five years old is too old for these new tin/antimony alloy batteries~

follow the black cable all the way till it hits the chassis....HERE is where the action happens...also another big hunkin' cable that goes to the engine block near the alternator~....for the startermotor...uses the block for ground...duh~

70

Thanks u are a lot of help. I surely wouldn't thought of that