Starter issue???

Asked by Sep 03, 2016 at 07:54 PM about the 1991 Geo Prizm 4 Dr STD Sedan

I have a 91 Geo prism that when I turn it
over all it does is click one time and that's
it. I have put a new battery in it and new
spark plugs since the old ones were
fouled. Does this sound like it is a starter
issue or something to do with the cap and
rotor? Thoughts????

17,075

If its not turning the engine over very fast or at all and that is the description of just one click. You turn the key and nothing but a click without the engine turning over is Bad Battery, Battery Terminals Bad one or both, Bad Starter, or connections to those. Doubtful but I will list to cover everything, Ignition switch, fuses. Since you did a new battery, I would check the terminal wires then do the starter replacement. If the terminal wires are old 1991 wires replace these as they could never be as good as they need to be. If it still just clicks replace starter. Keep the receipts for all parts.