07 wrx invidia turbo back exhaust spt intake turbo xs rfl bov and cobb acces port stage 2 map wondering what to do next any suggestions?

25

Asked by Mar 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM about the 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX Base

95

Stage 2.5 -Grimmspeed ported exhaust manifold, crosspipe, upipe, air oil separator, and crank pulley about 280 whp Stage 3-Forced Performance 68hta, 850cc injectors, fuel pump, TMIC, BOV, Grimmspeed boost control solenoid, Grimmspeed TGV delete, Perrin inlet hose and get dynoed on E85 about 360 whp You could get about 400whp with the FP green or AMR CXR 550 but you will have more turbo lag... it depends on what you are going to use the car for if you race then get the bigger turbo if you’re a driver then the power is less important than the life of the car

25

i do race but what about drivetrain wise should i stage the clutch and wat about my rear diff

75

i run a stage 3 clutch if you drive it daily if not might as well jump to a stage 5 it will be jumpy off the line. its all what you plan on doin with it... and for the diff ifyour not going to crazy with the power stock should work just fine.

95

The transmission and axles is the weak point in the drivetrain, and if the rear diff isn't broken don't worry about it. A stage 5 clutch would be a bitch to drive in traffic, a Spec stage 2+ or 3 would work better as a daily driver with those bolt ons... Do you have launch control programmed?

25

yes i do and i use it often i dont use the flat foot shifting as much but everynow and then i do

95

what's ur 1/4 mile time?

25

never got to run it at a track by the time i got what i have done to it it was time for me to ship to germany

55

Sounds like you have some good mods, very similar to my own. Cobb suggests only their intake or stock airbox which they tuned for on the AP, however lots of people say they use the SPT with no problems so if your AP is monitoring everything and its all good then your fine. I would think about turbo, fuel and intercooler upgrades. I actually had a perfect vf39 and walbro and was getting ready for injectors and STi top mount but I decided to sell it all and just stick with where Im at now. The mileage on my car is just to high to be throwing all that at it and expecting it too last. However I think you would definitely enjoy a new set-up and Cobb has a map for the vf39 or you do a custom tune. Then as your clutch goes you can upgrade! The rest of your drivetrain should be good with just a vf39 or similar turbo upgrade. Most Subaru's will stay reliable a little north of 300 hp without major upgrades to drivetrain. I would rather have a well tuned, reliable 300hp car anyday over some crazy built and unreliable WRX that just sits in my garage cause its been pushed beyond its limits. Suspension and brakes could also be a good way to go. I look at it like this a stock STi is like 245 horse or close to it. A modded WRX at around 300 is going to be pretty damn fast so I would work on the suspension and brakes to get the most out of that HP. Or forget the turbo swap altogether and just work on suspension and braking which is what Im going to do. A great suspension and excellent braking is very rewarding since you can put the power you do have to good use at the track or autocrossing. With the mods you have already maybe this is the way you should go, oh and a good set of wheels and sticky tires always helps too! Good Luck with your car.