Anyone had any luck finding the serpentine belt "tensioner" for a Storm GSI 1.8lt DOHC????

Asked by Jul 17, 2014 at 11:39 AM about the 1992 Geo Storm 2 Dr GSi Hatchback

My belt tensioner is off tracking badly and needs to be replaced. None of the local parts stores (not even Chevy dealer) can get one.

I found the belt and the pulley, but no belt tensioner.

Hope you're still not looking, found my part at advanced auto parts...

Lol. How about that. Two years ago, it was an "Obsolete" part. Unavailable anywhere. Friend of mine at Advance knew a guy at Dayco. Dude said they where no longer in production, but he still had a few in a "Pile" with other discontinued parts, and told my friend to tell me Merry Christmas. Dude shipped to my friend's store Free of Charge!!!! So, I was able to get my GSI going, thanks to that dude's good graces. Very glad to hear other GSI owners won't have to scrap their cars over such a basic part now. Thanks for responding Bud!!!